V50 11 R/H front brake

Hi everyone.I want to change my r/h front brake with a master cylinder on the handlebars.I want to make sure i have everything i need before i start.As i already have braided brake pipes does anyone know if the one from under the tank will reach the handlebars.I have standard bars fitted.
Many Thanks Bob.

Hi,
Are you replacing the steel pipe with braided? Or has this been done already. I’d be interested to know what master cylinder you’re going to use.
Steve.

Hi Steve.It has a braided pipe fr om the caliper direct to the master cylinder.Not sure what handlebar cylinder to use yet as the prices vary so much.
many thanks for your reply.
Bob.

Did this to mine and hose length was OK.
20190828_164019 (Medium).jpg

Hi,
That looks good. What master cylinder is that from?
Steve

From a Honda Silverwing scooter,feels like bore is too large but a huge improvement on cable setup.

I have a 50 3 with the original wooden brake. Lots of effort needed, but still passes the MoT every year.
I think the bore is 15mm, typical of most disc brakes of that era. Someone did make a list of 12mm master cylinders that should fit, I’ll see if I can find it again. I would like to fit a round reservoir type with a 12mm bore, but as far as I can see those were never made.
If you don’t mind a square reservoir get a 12mm bore.
Steve

Thanks for that Steve,at least i wont need to by a longer pipe then.
Bob.

I can confirm, 12mm master is what you’re after. I used VT500 one before and this gradually became wooden like hell. My current 12mm comes from Honda FES 250 scooter and although bit spongy, does the job in the way I have never experienced before on my V50II.

I didn’t find that list. Sorry should have posted before.
Steve.

Look “How to improve my front brake?” - you got more than one list in that thread.

It’s am age thing. Lol
Steve.