V50 Choke Location

The V50 I am cafe racer-ing came with a handlebar mounted choke lever that the previous owner had used. I have removed this having fitted clip-ons now and bought a choke lever. I am not entirely sure where it’s supposed to be mounted as the tank is surely going to make access to it problematic if I clip it to the main frame. If this sounds confusing I shall put some photos up at the weekend.

its normally mounted to the lower manifold bolt on the left hand cylinder

got a complete original setup here if you get stick

Thanks Iain…how does it mount to that bolt please? There doesnt appear to be anything on the choke casing allowing that. I shall take photos tomorrow to show my set up in case it is out of ordinary.

from memory it uses a p-clip around the barrel of the chock lever body.
i changed my remote choke lever to carb mounted type as i was having trouble adjusting the cable lengths (to allow the necessary clack when off)

ahhh…I did wonder what that was for, initially thinking it was for securing HT leads or something. Brilliant! Thanks for that photo…I shall add my own tomorrow and see if it’s anything like!

My metal clips have been mangled by previous owners so for now I have put a plastic one in that is securing it loosely in place._ _ Can these metal clips be got hold of still does anyone know?However, I note that mine is on the bottom bolt not the top one, which I shall change in due course.

Mine was in the bottom screw from new. Top I think is for the later bikes with phf carbs

[QUOTE=cafe racer] Can these metal clips be got hold of still does anyone know?[/QUOTE]Just checked my shed and I have two spare ones, PM me your address and I will post one off tomorrow, put £1 in a charity box somewhere.

[QUOTE=northwest]

[QUOTE=cafe racer] Can these metal clips be got hold of still does anyone know?[/QUOTE]Just checked my shed and I have two spare ones, PM me your address and I will post one off tomorrow, put £1 in a charity box somewhere.[/QUOTE]Top man PM sent…Thank you greatly Sir

…and fitted…lovely…Thank you.