V50 clutch problem

Recently I am having trouble with the clutch sticking. When the bike is left for a couple of days and I go to try it again, the clutch is stuck. I can usually get it free by bumping it on the starter, but this morning when I was due to get it mot`d, the damned thing would not free off. Any suggestions to try?

Cheers,
MartinH

I take it that it is all correctly adjusted and that once it is unstuck it works You could try the old bigbloc trick of putting a pint or so of methylated spirits in the clutch casing to dissolve any crud in there but the biggest problem on the smallbloc is that there isn’t any drain hole!It looks like your going to have to crab the frame and have a looksee from here …

Slipping is more usual than sticking, definitely worth a look as it could be the old Guzzi bugbear of the clutch centre cracking and forcing the plates out of line or a build up of dust, either way it needs sorting before something expensive happens.Cheers, Gerry.

Thanks. I think I will just split it to take a look, for peace of mind if nothing else.
Cheers
MartinH

Plates splines sticking on the clutch centre boss?

Well I took it apart yesterday, not as bad a job as I thought it was going to be. Anyway the clutch plate was stuck solid with a sticky resin like substance and had to be knocked off the cover plate to release it. The plate was well within tolerance at 7.2mm thick so I thought I would just clean everything up and re-assemlble it and give it a try. The bike has been off the road since 1993 and I have no idea of its past life. I plan to give it a good couple of runs out and see if it has cured the problem, if not I will fit a new plate.
Thanks for the assistance, she may get to the Scottish weekend yet !!!

Cheers,
MartinH

Clean clutch with clutch cleaner OR white spirit, ANYTHING else leaves a residue.

Thanks, I did use white spirit to do the initial clean and brake and clutch cleaner for a final wash down prior to assembly.
One other point about the aerosol type brake and clutch cleaner, it makes great spark plug cleaner. Have revived many an old plug for my vintage stationary engines with it and a bit of pencil lead.

MartinH