V50 Ex-Policia Municipale panniers - value?

I have a couple of ex-Policia Municipale panniers to sell. They’re in good general condition (sadly, no key) but will need respraying.

Before I add them on the Marketplace, does anyone have any thoughts on what they’re worth? I tried listing them on eBay and had a couple of offers, but they seemed very low.

Do you have the mounting frames for them ?
if not around 40 to 50 pounds, they would be useful as spares to an owner of an ex police machine

Thanks - that’s really helpful.

I do have a pair of mounting frames, although they’re from a different California. I’ll check if the mounting holes line up.

Assuming they do, how much do you think they’d fetch as a full set?

£60 to £80 pounds
if you put them on ebay the middle aged bald saddos will bid silly money
and then pull out
stick some pictures up on the forum, nicer to sel them to club members
some one might buy them to fit to another model, if the price is right they will sell, if some one makes an offer a bit below, grab it, otherwise they will sit gathering dust forever and your kids will skip them
my late friend twelve bellies, never threw anything away, when he sold a motorbike he would spend days unbolting accessories, and putting them in boxes in his shed !!! I always leave everything on and give away and spares or manuals
after he died I had to clear his garage and shed, all of it went in the skip
the shed was damp and everything has corroded or mice had eaten through the packing
and the registrations that he took of the bikes and put on retention all went dead as I had no means of transferring them, all because he was greedy
I sent the chewed certificates to DVLA with a letter and they were all shredded and the number deleted

1 Like

whatever the number, there’s some wisdom there. look at it as swapping clutter for a case of wine, slab of beer, some really top steaks, a surprise for the kids… whatever. and inside the club is good - genuine users, less tyre kickers!

3 Likes

Thanks –

Good advice, although sorry to hear about your friend Barry. Do I recognise any of my own behaviour in there? Of course not… :slight_smile:

I’m away for a while: I’ll put them on the forum when I get back and see what happens.

Thanks, Barry –

See my earlier reply – case of wine sounds good (if they fetch that much :-)). Although with Xmas looming, it might end up being the gift for the kids…

2 Likes

i have cleared my workshop out, now I have been forced to retire, i removed all the shelves so I will not be tempted to re fill them
slimmed my toolkits right down
and gave everything to my nephew
I now have space for my 9 foot robot, he is being set up for Halloween , and then will be sold, and my Tardis which is part built
leaving room for two bicycles and a guzzi
I tried to sell a lot of nw stuff on fecebook but all I got were Romanian wanting to come round for a look and offering 50p
they were checking out the place for copper cable
already been shredded and paid out for
its a good feeling getting rid of stuff

1 Like

Good luck with the Tardis, and I’ll look forward to seeing footage of the robot, come Halloween :scream:

1 Like

just been out in the workshop rigging him up
his head is on, the safety chains are locked in, just in case the fat kid tries to climb up him ( always one) just got to put his arms on, then remember how to wire him up !!

1 Like

please feel share more Robot stories @rapheal_glynn , perhaps a new thread in General Discussion? i’d like to see photos too!

1 Like

As a matter of interest, does anyone know where to get hinges and locks for these? I have a set which I used to use on my Monza until the hinges disintegrated. I assume they’re common in Italy, but I can’t seem to find anything similar

Stewart

what do they look like? if they are similar to the T5 ones shown here (and which seem to be fitted to numerous Italian service Guzzis), I sourced barrel locks and keys from Italy. Hinges, no idea.
IMG_6522

The hinges look like commercial suitcase hinges to me

Yup, that’s them. I have seen locks on Italian eBay. I’ll keep looking.

good luck. i never saw any on UK sites, but the barrels and lock mechs look pretty generic (period generic) so a perdon with skills might adapt something.

we used to buy them in for toolcases , we purchased cases ready made, but the hinges and catches were poor so always uprated them
I also used to walk across Eden Grove to Ken Cravens Place and buy a box of each occasionally, for our storage cases ( contained emergency kit)
always a bonus if Ken was there

Can you please post a photo of the locks? I have been looking for side panel tool box locks for my 850T for ages :roll_eyes:

sorry @Chris950s - currently not accessible to me - but i’ll bear it in mind for my next visit to my ‘storage facility’

1 Like

send us a pic of the old ones, I will ask around
a few geezers I know build special containers for the spooks