V50 suitability

I am in the process of selling my Honda Deauville as its getting a bit heavy for me, my ideal replacement would be a Guzzi V50. Is there anything specific to look out for when buying one and what are the general impressions of the bike. Thanks for any feedback.

Usually itf they look well looked after they usually are the only thing with all small blocks is if you rev them always keep an eye on the engine oil, like many V Twins they will use oil and due to the way it is made low oil will roast the main bearings, by the way there is a nice one ofr sale in the members bikes for sale right now

THE V50 WILL SEEM A BIT SLOW COMPARED TO THE HONDA YOU SHOULD PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THIS SO YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED I HAD ONE YEARS AGO AND ALWAYS THOUGHT THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG I COULD NEVER GET IT OVER 85MPH.

buy a breva 750 instead
decent lights
better brakes
no carbs means no adjustment
and it can cruise 2 up and 85 mph and just about hit 100 solo

And it’s much about the same weight as the v50.

Tank, if your v50 would only indicate 85 there probably was something wrong…
Was going to suggest the V7 if buying new …

with the speedo.

With the speedo yea it was probably telling me i was doing 10mile an hour faster than i was.
Tank2013-11-18 20:59:43

To be honest rather than look for a used possibly knackered OR good condition but overpriced V50 the 750 Breva is a nicer and newer bike and as has been said hardly any difference in weight, better yet a V7 Stone, easy to handle and quick enough

from memory the deauville weighs about 240 KG
the Breva weighs about 170 Kg only a little more than a Vespa GTS300
I have a dodgy leg and back but have no trouble moving it in and out of my rather tight garage
you are welcome to borrow mine for the day and see how you get on with it
they also do a lowered seat for ladies
in Italy lots of Girls ride the breva
only problem is the road tax is more than the V50 but fuel econmoy is better top speed lights etc
no linked brakes though

Buy a Breva 750…

I sold my California because it was getting heavy for me. I bought a Breva 750 and it is great. I am mostly 2 up.

It is light, fast enough and modern. Lovely bike.

Steve