V50 Throttle starter / kill switch assy.

Hi All, I’ve just bought a V50 to restore and discovered the kill swith is knackered. It looks like I have to be the new assembly (GU19603435), but cant find one anywhere. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get a replacement? Or failing that is there a replacement that I can use?
Cheers,
Rob

Hi Rob

There are a number of solutions to your problem. I’m assuming you have a V50 II or III with the original Switchgear setup.

The easiest and cheapest is to bypass the Kill Switch The power to the coils runs directly thru the switch, not a good idea as it tends to cause a slight voltage drop and you need all the volts you can get! Also a good ‘leave you by the side of the road’ senario! Just connect the two wires together at the block connector.

I have a couple of good S/H assemblies if you wish to go down that route. £25 + shipping

Aftermarket assemblies are available from ‘all good suppliers’ About £70-£80 +shipping.

Or you can use a tomaselli 2C throttle unit with a later style Start/Kill Switch. If you want more details, let me know.

Lastly, the Part Number you should actually be searching is 14603455.

Hope this helps, Nik

3 Likes

Thanks all, some great advice on the forum, your help is really appreciated being a newbie to the Moto Guzzi scene.

Nik, could you send me details of the S/H assy if poss?

Picture as requested. Wiring is approx 500mm and the switches have been tested. Just need to know if you have a3 way connector with a flying Earth lead, as in the picture or a 4 way connector.

Nik

Hi Nik, its the 4 wire version, how do we go about progressing the transaction & payment. Also do you have any rear indicators for the V50?

just an advisory guys: best not to share any personally identifying (or financial) details in this forum (or in plain sight anywhere online)

Ok I’ll modify the connector to suit.
So i assume you have a V50 MkIII? The MkII has round indicators, the MkIII has rectangular indicators
Payment is Bank Transfer or SumUp. I will PM you the details, whichever!
Regards Nik

Yup its a mk3

Hi Rob

Sorry, no Rear Indicators or Stems but the Indicators are still available aftermarket, about £20 each, give or take!

I have modified the Switch to suit your MkIII and PM’d you my bank details.

Regards, Nik

1 Like

Hi Nick

Just searching for a replacement r/h switch/throttle gear for a V50 and noticed you may have had some s/h parts available. If so please could you let me have details.

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian

I’ve only got random bits and pieces at the moment. Exactly what are you after?

Regards, Nik

It was the right switchgear - a previous owner has bodged mine.

Regards

Ian

Ian Is this what you are looking for?