V50/V35 headlamp mount rubbers

I’m trying to keep my V50ii as original as possible so trying to re-use the original headlamp brackets but I’m mising the rubbers that fit either end of the bracket to go over the 32mm fork stanchion. Gutsibits can’t get them any more and googling the part number (GU39492701) isn’t getting me anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions where I should try?

If they are like the 850 ones then they are not available as far as I am aware. Thy Nik’s Euro Parts or Reboot Spares both are run by Guzzi owners and are in the club.

I have used large O Rings instead on my Tonti, but the headlamp brackets on my bike are not standard.

best of luck, Chris

I think they are similar to the 850 but to suit smaller diameter forks.

I can’t find Nic’s euro parts and Reboot spares website doesn’t seem to be working.

I’ve got a pair of non-stamdard Tomaselli headlamp brackets but would prefer to use the originals. It’s a shame breakers yards don’t exist any more, I’m sure there’s something on another bike that would work. There’s a similar part on my Suzuki but the forkas are larger

Reboot Spares are breakers, I am also having difficulty accessing their website. They advertise in the back of Gambalunga where you will find their contact details.

Nik’s user name on the forum is Nik_Wallis and sells on eBay click here

Best of luck, Chris

2 Likes

Do you know anyone with a 3d printer, it looks like the sort of thing that would be easy to produce.

If you have enough of the originals you could make a mold and cast new ones - various grades of rubber solutions are available.

1 Like

Is this the correct part 931103520000? There is an Ebay add for that rubber here Ebay link for v50 “rubber headlight bracket”

I dont have any in stock and according to all my different suppliers they are no longer available. It seems that a lot of these type of components are going this way. Its a shame really!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that’s not the right part on ebay. Wrong part number and doesn’t look right iin the photo.

I’ve got an idea for a plastic part I could get 3d printed and use some parge diameter O rings for vibration damping

1 Like

I do believe that 3d printing can use a variety of different materials now, including quite soft rubbery compounds.

It can but Ill be limited to the materials available at work.

I would get some printed using a material called TPU (Thermo-Plastic Urethane) on a modern 3D printer.

As an example, I used AB Technology of Newark to scan a broken part for a lawnmower which was unobtanium: they did an excellent job and didn’t charge much. Using the scan files I got a copy printed by Shapeways in Eindhoven in high-density nylon. Perfect fit: while more expensive and requiring a fair bit of effort to do, my lawnmower is still going and if it breaks again, I can get the part printed - again.

This is very much the way to go: what would be better is for the Club to set up a repository of scanned items (STL files or some such) that other users can download and get printed at cost.

This can be done with cast metal items as well, such as footrests and bar levers: they can be printed in sintered metal.

Rob

1 Like