V502 Timing chain

Another observation on my v50 strip down is the slack in the timing chain.it was renewed about 4-5K miles ago but now seems fairly sloppy. The guide is fixed sothere is no tensioning possible as far as I am aware. Or does anyone know of a solution to this.I thought the mk 3 had an adjuster tensioner? What is the expected life of these? Â

If it’s anything like the big-blocks do you loosen the block then slide it over to remove the slack?

got 40k out of the tensioner on my first v50, have a word with gutsibits and see if they  can compare a mk1 and mk3 tensioner and see if they are interchangeableÂ

I was aware that the Mk3 had a adjustable tensioner device but the standard Mk2 has a fixed guide channel and there is no oval holes of adjustment possible but Gutsibits suggest the bent plastic sprung tensioner fits all small blocks. It looks like the same kind of device  I fitted to my Lemans 2. Will check tomorrow.Â

I was aware that the Mk3 had a adjustable tensioner device but the standard Mk2 has a fixed guide channel and there is no oval holes of adjustment possible but Gutsibits suggest the bent plastic sprung tensioner fits all small blocks. It looks like the same kind of device  I fitted to my Lemans 2. Will check tomorrow.Â

Not sure whether this photo link works but this is my v50 iming chain guide. Holes are round and there is no adjustment. Has anyone tried slotting the holes to allow some side ways adjustment or found any other way of adding some adjustment to it. The plastic sprung tensioner supplied by MMecca and gutsibits for small block is huge by comparison and although it fits in the crank case it is too bulky yo fit the timing cover over it.Â

Cheers