V50ii Steering head bearing conversion

I’ve searched the forum on this subject and previous discussions recommended using a kit from Gutsibits which is no longer available.

My steering head bearings are dead, the cups are pitted so need replacing. New original type cups are not available. When I search online, lots of shops offer taper roller bearings but I can’t see how they’ll fit without a conversion kit. Is there a kit available?

Their are cups for the bearings that push fit into the steering tube. These are large enough for the taper rollers.

see them here

I had a v50 15 years ago and fitted a taper roller kit like these.

Russell

A bit pricey but it’ll get the job done. Thanks

These are available from my eBay page. I also have the 4mm Balls that you will need!

Regards, Nik

1 Like

A rare item indeed ! - i looked everywhere for original races 15 years ago and couldnt find any

Russell