V7 850 rear shocks upgrade

Hi. After spending hours and hours trying to get the Bitubo rear suspension upgrade on my V7 850 Special to work satisfactorily, I’ve decided to give up on it. I’m sure someone who knows how to set up suspension technically could sort it, but I’ve had enough of never-ending preload and rebound changes, all giving no improvement. So the question now is, what rear suspension should I try next? I’m not a millionaire so can’t afford Ohlins level stuff but surely there is something affordable out there that’s better than the stock Moto Guzzi rear shocks. My normal ‘go to’ place is Hagon but I’ve talked to them and they don’t do anything for the V7 850. Has anyone else had success in upgrading the rear shocks on their V7 850?
Any advice gratefully accepted.
Regards
Tony

1 Like

The French mechanic, based near Grenoble, who repaired my V85TT’s starter motor last year recommended Shock Factory. I haven’t tried them myself, so just passing that on, FWIW.

Thanks Simon. I’m in the U.K. but I’ll look him/them up, I may get some valuable advice even if nothing else is available
Regards
Tony