V7 850 Screen

Hi, can anybody tell me which is the best looking screen on the market for this bike. Many thanks, Ray

1 Like

Assuming you mean V7 850 2021+, I am using Puig Touring 1, it’s a reasonably size to be useful but not too big. Easy to fit, uses only handlerbar clamps. My reason for fitting it is the riding position is quite ‘sit up’ and I felt like I was frequently being blown off, especially in head winds, and hence had to keep a firm grip on both 'bars. This could get quite tedious after a while as it needed almost constant muscle power!

This was the second screen I tried. The first was ‘Set Windscreen Clear Original 2S001569 MOTO GUZZI V7 Special E5 (From 2021)’ from eBay (but which I now believe would be too small for what I want). Without going into too much of a rant I thought this was never going to arrive from Italy due to Brexit nonsense, so when it finally did arrive I sent it straight back to seller as I had by now got the other one.

This ‘V7 E5’ screen utilises the headlamp and indicator mounting points.

Note with the Puig, the indcators will be behind the bottom edge, not a problem as they’re still visible, but you might want to move them. I moved mine onto ‘P’ clamps located on the fork stanchions just above the bottom yoke, so the lamps under the bottom edge of the screen. (Altho I only have one front indicator because of the sidecar.)

Hope this makes sense.

1 Like

Puig Touring 1…

Relocated front indicator…

2 Likes

Puig screen method of fitting. Looks flimsy but on the contrary it’s surprisingly sturdy.

1 Like

Looks bigger than the V85TT travel screen

1 Like

Only having pictures to compare, possibly. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have one of those on my Breva, most excellent
however i modified the fixings, as on the top yoke there are pre drilled holes for the Guzzi screen
I mounted it that way than to make the bars look cleaner
8 years no no problems
also it keeps my hands warm and dry, while still directing air onto my visor, I like to open the visor when tired and get a nice breeze to keep me awake !!
I even got de pope round to bless me bike
he only charged me 50 quid

2 Likes