V7 Front Mudguard

Hello Peeps,
I am looking for a longer mudguard to put on my 2022 V7 850 Special. The Nevada looks to have a very similar item as standard. Does anyone know if it would fit please?

Cheers,
Steve

Mud guard extender?

1 Like

Plus 1 for the mudguard extender. I fitted a Pyramid Fender Extender to my 2022 V7 Special. It does a reasonable job of keeping most of the engine clean. It protects the engine from about halfway up the alternator cover.

Many thanks for that.

I had the chance of a used mudguard but felt that £150 was a bit expensive.

It looks like a Nevada one might be the same size but I have yet to confirm that. I thought it might broaden my pool of available items.

Cheers,
Steve

Hi I bought a second hand one of e-bay for an earlier v7 750 for my 22 v7 850 , I saw it in a gambalunga article earlier this year = march/april '23 by tony prichard , I believe suzie had one fitted to her bike ! . I also added a extender fender as well !
hope this of some help , Derek

Thanks Derek, I have just taken delivery of (a fairly ropey!) Nevada one that I am hoping to fit this afternoon. At the very least it will do for the Winter until I can get it re-painted.

Did you find that the extender was really required after fitting a full-length mud guard?

Cheers,
Steve

When the " new " 'guard arrived I compared it to the original , to which I had fitted an extender , they were the same length ! So I transferred the extender to the " new " guard . Later I replaced the extender with a wide mud flap to try to keep the muck off the engine sump , it seems to work !
Derek

Hi Derek, the Nevada mudguard fits a treat! I’ve also added a 250mm mudflap so the sump/alternator cover should be fairly well protected.

Thanks for your input.

Kind regards,
Steve

1 Like

Hi Steve
Glad it’s worked out !
It’s possible the nevada and the earlier v7 mudguard are the same 'guard !
On a different subject , do you have an 850 special with an h4 halogen headlamp bulb ? if you do could you check and let me know if your headlamp gets hot . Mine does and it’s really worrying me that the current draw could affect the wiring harness ,
Derek

:+1:Hi Derek, I’ve not noticed any excessive heat but it’s a while since I’ve been out on the bike. I’ll drop you a line if I do. Cheers, Steve