V7 seat- numb bum

Considering getting a V7 2023 model, but when I sat on it it felt like sitting on a plank of wood. Is it me or is the saddle only made for short trips to local teashops or such-like? Does not seem to be an alternative softer version.

Mine is a 2022 Stone and personally I find it very comfortable and love the bike. A massive improvement in comfort to Yamaha XSR700 I had previously.
Itā€™s very subjective however.

1 Like

22 stone here (bike not me) and I find the seat very comfy. Not sat for more than three hours at a time without a tea break. I added a cool cover as I did find it sweaty in the heat of summer.

1 Like

Maybe I am getting oldā€¦ I have a V7 Special 1970, it is like sitting in an armchair. I used to do all day rides up to 14 hours and when finished was well relaxed with no aches. I wanted something more modern and comfy for my longer rides abroad rather than risk my loop and my skin.

Hi Hayden, Before I am certain that I may be able to help, may I ask that you supply the Moto Guzzi part number, on the underside of the seat pan of the 2023 Stone you sat upon ā€¦ I have recently replaced my 2015 V7II Stone, ( Which had two seats ā€¦ both re-upholstered ) ā€¦ I still have one ā€¦ It is most definitely not a ā€œbum-numberā€ ā€¦ Re-upholstered, better foam than original, and a ā€œgel-padā€ inserted for the rider ā€¦ All carried out by a well regarded, Mr Tony Archer of Huddersfield ā€¦ Hardly used, immaculate, etc etc ā€¦ Post the part number please, you may well find your alternative softer version ā€¦ Regards, Tony

Have not purchased the bike yetā€¦ still considering it

I have the 2021 V7 850 Special, and for long trips (more than a couple of hours) I have had to resort to using one of those blow up air seat cushions you can get from eBay. :disappointed:

Itā€™s wide enough as stock, but can get a bit hard after a while.

1 Like

I have a V7 II with a V7 III padded seat, it has got to be the most comfortable bike Iā€™ve owned. Iā€™ve ridden a few hundred miles, over several hours without any issue.

1 Like

Tried the air pillow on other bike. Find it excellent if you gradually deflate it to the absolute minimum- till you feel the old saddle, then put in the smallest amount of air. Any more it is more like a bouncy castle and/ or becomes slippy. Managed all day rides 500+ miles, with that setup.

2 Likes

@scrappy I might get one if I could see one for sale anywhere!

They do appear to be sold out everywhere Iā€™ve looked, I got mine from Motorcycle & Scooter Centre https://scooters.co.uk/item/padded-saddle-moto-guzzi-v7-iii-stone/

Iā€™ve also got the one & half seat which I also find comfortable, but I havenā€™t used that for long distances.

Yes MSC is the only one came up in Internet search. :disappointed:

Perhaps Iā€™m spoiled after years of riding sport bikes but I find my 2023 Special amazingly comfy after a couple of 4 hour stints. I think it has a slightly more padded seat though if that helps.

Good to see people helping out though.

Eveyoneā€™s butt is different. :grin:

Latterly Iā€™ve been doing without the cushion, as itā€™s quite a palavar TBH, and found it helps to otch back to the thicker step toward the pillion section.

Got mine on ebay. Just did a longer ride, 2 weeks- 6-8 hours each day. Manageable with the air cushion.

Subjective yes but Iā€™ve found that any saddle with a curve in it will eventually produce pressure points & discomfort. The best Iā€™ve found over the years are flat where you sit & relatively no padding at all. No seat in the real world is designed like sitting astride a log shape!
My V7 Stone special edition has a curve and is good for 2 to 3 hrs before Iā€™m fidgety. My Harley XL 1200 is flat very little padding & all day comfy.
If I canā€™t get used to it or it doesnā€™t bed in (Iā€™ve only done 550mls atm Iā€™d consider taking off the cover and cutting out the curve.

Never owned a Guzzi before now, but last year traded a T100 ( very good bike, but p/ex due to repeated, & sadly ā€˜historicalā€™, Triumph arrogance ! ) for the 2022, V7 Special and have had no problems with the standard seat. In my 70ā€™s, a somewhat bony a***, and totally unfitā€¦ but still able to do a tank-full, in the sunshine, without having to go to A&E. ~ Just cruising (mostly) ā€¦ pure joy ~

4 Likes

I agree swith Howo a curved saddle can be nightmare, especially if stiff, it has to be flat. I still think the best stock seat Iā€™ve had was the Spada mk1.

Got a Cool Cover on my V7 850 seat . Did a 390 mile ride from Ullapool to home with just one 7 minute stop for fuel, no discomfort at all.

You must have frozen your nuts off