V7 Special 850. New Member, Faringdon, Oxfordshire

Hi everyone,

I’m a new member, I’ve owned my V7 Special 850 for about a year and a half now and love it.
I look forward to chatting with some of you in the future.

Cheers

8 Likes

Hi and welcome! I too have the V7 850 glad you’re enjoying yours :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome Scotsray! Enjoy the Bike!

Thank you! I love mine every ride is a genuine event. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hi Jenvey92.

Welcome. Hope you’re enjoying this great weather (at last). Have you added any mods to it?

Regards

Jim

1 Like

Hi there - you made a good choice! I have 3 Moto Guzzi’s and the Oxfordshire / Berkshire countryside is perfect for riding around on them - love the pull of the engine when coming out of slow curves :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Jim,

Yes I am, I’ve managed to get out and about, i tend to head out early-ish before it gets too warm and spend a good 2 or so riding!

I haven’t done any Mods yet… but thats one of my reasons for joining the Club; so I can pick peoples Brains.

I’ve thought about aftermarket Pipes (but I haven’t settled on a particular set), air filter and velocity stack (but I’ve heard these Engines run lean already and adding those mods may not be great) and I’ve been looking into Upmap, to make the other mods run efficiently together.
Have you done any Mods to yours?

Hi Ramonthebiker,

Thank you, I love it!

Wow 3? What are they all?

From the early 1980s I have a V50 Monza and an 850 Le Mans III. Couple of weeks ago I collected from “On Yer Bike” a new V100 Mandello. All three are red….

1 Like

Hi Jenvey92
Sounds like one of the reasons I joined and try and do some maintenance myself.
Only added a few accesories - Crash Bars, Rack. Going to attempt to fit a Center Stand at the weekend :sweat_smile:
Take it easy
Jim

1 Like

Quite the collection! I love the V100, I’d like one one day, when budget allows it!

1 Like

Ah yes, I forgot to mention Engine Bars and Pannier racks! I’m still deciding which ones to get, I’d love the Hepco and Becker C-bow system. What rack have you gone for?

Good luck with the Centre Stand!

Hi,
I’ve recently fitted Givi quick release side paniers on my V7 and also added a Givi Corum soft saddle bag… great for keeping some tools/puncture repair kit plus the odd few snacks just to keep me going!!! Happy riding :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Larry46,

Sounds good! I’ll look them up, do they need a specific Rack too?

Me too, usually Flask and some Biscuits!

Cheers

Apologies…it’s my age…I should have said quick release panier rack. With the corum saddle bag you will also need the Givi seat harness, which in my opinion looks great.

1 Like

Hope that makes more sense. Cheers

1 Like

Looks great Larry, very in keeping :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi Larry,

Sorry for the late response, looks very tidy! I’ll be looking into those. Thanks for the Pictures.

All the Best

I’ve got a blue one, but it doesn’t often get out much as I run three historical Guzzis as well which take up a lot of my ‘hobby’ time (1955 Airone, 1963 Zigolo and a 1981 V35II). Here it is at last weekend’s GuzziFest. It’s set up for solo touring with Givi top box, Guzzi rack and screen and Hepco and Becker C Bow panniers, none of which affect the handling provided it’s loaded correctly. Just watch out for the paint as it’s quite soft being water based, and tank bags etc can scratch easily. Welcome to Guzzidom.

2 Likes

Hello!

Looks lovely in the blue. A very nice set up too! Exactly the sort of thing I’d like to go for when funds allow.
I’m slightly funny about Tank Bags after the Magnets on mine picked something up and scratched the paintwork on my old BMW R80/7!
To me, the V7 is a proper touring Motorcycle. With the big petrol tank and somewhat lazy state of tune (that’s not to say it feels lazy to ride though as it’s more than fast enough for me).

Enjoy!

1 Like