V7 Sport, Paint code wanted...

Can any of you help with the correct paint code for the Burgundy V7 sport.

Thanks…

V7 John probably knows…
He should be at Clox this weekend…

I never did find a paint code for the burgundy colour. I asked everywhere I could and had 2 members of the WildGuzzi forum give me codes for exact matches using US car paints. Trouble was they were both completely different! There was something on the AnimaGuzzista site saying that the formula for this paint finish has been lost by the factory. It’s a bit like the finish on some 850GTs, but not quite.

I did establish that the original paint was applied in the same way as the lime green models i.e. a silver base coat followed by a number of coats of translucent lacquer. These coats were built up until the desired finish was reached. I expect that this means, like the green ones, there were plenty of different shades.

The best help I got was from Moe at Cycle Garden who told me they use the silver base then a Candy Burgundy. He sent me photos of the work with different numbers of coats and in different light. I printed some out on photopaper and gave them to my painter. I decided that it was unlikely that my bike would sit next to an original so I just went with what I liked. The bike was for me after all.

Being a candy paint the colour changes according to the light and viewing angle. Here’s the newly painted parts on the bench and then taken outside into bright sun.