V85 TT Travel stock screen wind noise. issues.

Hi Stuart, ive recently replaced the factory screen with a much smaller…(!)…screen that may sound regressive however i am now not enduring buffetting from all of the eddies swirlig around my head…anyone that has ever driven a convertible will be aware of this phenomenon…Obviously we all differ in our opinions but i much prefer the lower screen

Oh ! And no danger of damage to the instuments when in bright sunlight…!

Thanks Motoguzzitrev1,

Good point refarding the short screen.

Kind regards,

Stuart.

5’8” 29 inside leg.
I have a screen top deflector and some Mickey Mouse ears which has done a good job for me. Moto boxer.eu

Hello Stuart,
I am also a new member, 2020 V85 travel. I have had the same experience. I managed to improve matters with a Givi adjustable screen, hand guard extensions and mouse ears on the front of the tank. It is much better but there is still some buffeting and noise. Costs a bit but it was that or change the bike.
Paul Mear

Hi Its a nightmare. I went completely the opposite way given my Ducati Supersport is just so much less noisy ie wind noise. I bought the cheapest screen and cut it down then added a deflector. It’s more like riding a naked, not good for 80mph but then who rides that fast for long. My aim was to keep the air off the screen deflected below the helmet. It works I’ll see if I can up load a picture. Its not pretty but it works. I’ve had terrible trouble on many bikes.

Thanks everyone for your recommendations and experiences.

I’ve decided though to look for a really nice late model Norge 2v or 4v and part ways with the V85TT.
If anyobe out there in the club is looking to sell their Norge then please bear me in mind.

Many thanks once again.

Stuart Allen.

You might wish to place a ‘wanted’ ad here @BlackCat112

"not good for 80mph but then who rides that fast for long. " :smile: me lol

1 Like

Have you considered an original Stelvio ? Like a V85TT but on steroids but in a good way and with much better wind deflection as standard based on my experience.
In dessert terms a V85 is a sticky toffee pudding but a Norge is a blancmange if you know what I mean. That`s not a criticism , just an observation on the suspension and ride.

Hi Dukesox,
I did look at a Stelvio years ago but to be honest, I didn’t really take to it’s looks and from memory it was or felt taller.
I guess I’m more of a Tourer style biker rather than an ADV guy.

They are quite tall and very heavy, a bad combination when you have a sloping gravel drive and that is why I sold mine, I was convinced Id drop it . Ive owned a Norge too, a lovely bike to waft along on for sure. My only complaint was the amount of heat coming from the engine when riding in warm weather. Well worth removing the lower fairings in the summer so most of it escapes before your legs get cooked.

I love the Norge too. I had an 08 plated one that let me down 4 weeks before going to the Mandello factory in 2019. I couldn’t get a new front brake master cylinder in time do had to buy a Honda ST1300 at short notice go on. It wasn’t what I wanted to do.

Thats why owning 1 (Italian ) bike is never enough, got to have a back up plan. My wife had a Suzuki Gladius 650 for 3 years and barely rode it. Less than 500 miles in total and it could be left for months without any attention and would still spring into action when asked. I dont think it even lost any air from the tyres.

Wow! That’s just not Cricket!!
Having said that my Wife has a V9 Bobber and it can sit for weeks without being run but apart fromvtyre pressure checks has never needed anything between services.