V85TT Brake Bleeding?

Hi, I decided to refresh the brake fluid on my 2020 V85TT. However I can’t get the FRONT brake lever to firm up. Fluid pumps through clear in both calipers, no bubbles.
Does anyone have any ideas / tips? I did notice there seems to be a bleed nipple by the master cylinder, I might try that next but not sure how much help it’ll be.

In days of yore ™ on other bikes I’ve sometimes employed the syringe-reverse-bleed so I might try that too.

I just thought a simple fluid refresh would be no issue (Just pumping new fluid through without draining down the system).

No such luck :wink:
Cheers.

Have you tried a vacuum bleeder? Plus the old trick of putting a bungee on the lever overnight might work (you basically lash the lever back to the bar…it allows small air bubbles to rise back up into the fluid reservoir).

2 Likes

Hi, any news ??? workshop manual says there no special way of doing it…good luck

I’ve got one of these…

Cheap as chips…but it works!

I use it for brakes and clutch on my 2002 900SSie. Does the job.

Worth a try, coupled with the bungee trick.

I’d try the bleed nipple near the master cylinder if you’ve bled the ones at the calipers as the next step. The Ducati 999 has a similar arrangement and was the first time that I came across an additional bleed point. As soon as we bled it there we got pressure.

Once you’ve got as much air out as you can, pump the lever hard a dozen times and tie it to the bars using a strap or something. Leave it overnight with the bike on the side stand and the bats turned so that the master cylinder is at the highest point. You’ll be surprised how this simple technique manages to get the last stubborn bubbles out.

Having said all that, I use a vacuum bleeder running off my compressor initially, then bleed any last dregs if air out by traditional bleeding. I always finish as described above and end up with a rock solid compression.

1 Like

Thanks all, after leaving the lever strapped up for a day or so, there seems to be some improvement.

I’ll try the top bleed nipple too when I get time to see if that helps.
Haven’t had a chance to ride the bike to test it out yet unfortunately.

Cheers!

1 Like

Keep going !!! you’ll get there with perseverance