V85TT rear brake carrier

Hi there, Can someone post an image please of the rear brake carrier and its relationship with the swing arm. It’s the inside face I am interested in. I am assuming there’s no gap between the carrier and the swing arm.

I have had the rear wheel off and on again but there’s a gap between the carrier and swing arm. This does not look right.

Thanks

Are you missing the spacer which fits between the wheel and the brake carrier? The order is outer nut / washer / swinging arm / brake carrier / spacer / wheel.

Good evening Inspectorman,

Many thanks for replying. I have the spacer, and the right way around :+1:

It’s an image of the front of the hanger (I.e. towards the front of the bike) that would be really useful, but on the inside face of the swingarm. That’s where I have a gap. I am sure there should not be a gap.

BTW, I think I know what the problem is, but I am away so can’t resolve it till the weekend! But if I can get a picture of what “ good” looks like, that would be great.

Thanks

There is a gap at the front of the carrier. The carrier is principally located in the left/right axis by the big boss around the axle. The function of the front pin is not to draw the carrier close to the swinging arm - they have different profiles after all - but just to take care of brake torque forces transmitted to the carrier under braking. Pin GU31544181 only screws into the swinging arm, not the carrier.

Ahhh look at that - I should have taken photos before taking the wheel off!

Thanks for the feedback and commentary, that’s really helpful, and clearly shows the gap is ok :ok_hand: