V85tt v V85tt with vvt

Has anyone with a pre vvt (2024) ridden one and noticed if it rode differently at low speeds, i love my 23 v85 but the low speed behaviour really annoys me. Its surging/erratic at best but once above 20mph lovely. I just wondered if anyones ridden a vvt version and found it smooth all the way. Do i wait until im out of warranty and dump the full exhaust system, which im sure doesnt help especially the honeycomb in the downpipes. Interested to find out. Cheers Mark

I have ridden 2 24 models a Strada and a Travel, and not noticed any surging. However I don’t own the old model so cant compare.

the fuel surging is fixed by sleeving a sensor wire, the dealer here fixed this for free.

I have had the sleeve done, its better but still not brilliant under 20mph.Maybe im expecting too much. Will organise a ride on a vvt when im back home.

Hi Sid. Which dealer did the sleeving for you mate?

Wes McCrum in Portadown (Northern Ireland)

lol. Bit far from East Yorkshire! :joy:

yep lol and no longer a guzzi dealer anyway :frowning:

it’s a shame piaggiao don’t give a stuff about the dealers, I don’t blame him for giving it up.

Im borderline abandoning the damn bike, saturdays ride out was spoilt by surging/ erratic behaviour at low speeds. Tried holding the throttle steady in 2nd just below 20mph and its all over the shop, same in 3rd at just under 30mph. Dont know if ive any patience left. Will ring Iron city on tuesday and book it in, if they cant cure it, i think my guzzi ownership may be over.

the surging on mine was only a problem at low speeds/low rpm and the sleeve sorted it out completely.

maybe they didn’t do the fix right? is it doing it at tickover and when you are holding the throttle steady at low rpm or is it doing it as you change speed?

Its got worse these last 2wks, holding a steady throttle at 20 and 30mph its surging. Mini roundabouts are a nightmare, and the surging is noticeable at slightly higher speeds at times. Iron city getting a ring in the morning, i want it sorting before my warranty expires.