Wanted 850T

Hi Folks,

As is wont to happen at this time of year I have started to think about my next project. I’ve been looking at importing an 850T from the US or Italy but the new customs regulation mean that it impossible for an individual to manage the customs declaration and thus adds quite a lot of cost to the whole process.
With this in mind I thought I’d see if anybody was think of selling a bike in the UK that would be suitable.
I’m really looking for an unrestored bike but will consider anything that has the correct tinware.

Cheers Everyone,
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Simon

2 Likes

If you have access to Facebook or know someone who does them tbe club’s Moto Guzzi specific Buy&Sell page may be useful.
It’s a closely moderated page.
Good luck
Steve
https://www.facebook.com/groups/412105035881631/?ref=share_group_link

1 Like

Good evening.

The cost for the company to submit the forms to HMRC on your behalf is minimal and very easy to do, I’ve just done it. Your greatest cost will be the VAT and import duty which will depend on the motorcycles value.

Regards.

Hi,

Which company did you use? I am being quoted between £200 - £400 for the customs declaration (which includes the £65 HMRC charge)

Cheers,

Simon

Any good for you? They aren’t really projects.

or

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks I’ve seen both of these. They have been available for a long time (perhaps a year) and haven’t sold, mainly because of the price. The one bike I missed last summer was a restored Italian import advertised at £5K which sold after quite a while so I suspect that it went for between £4.5K and £5K. Prices are depressed at the moment so I would think a more realistic price for the top C&C one should be £4K but only if it is the very late '75 engine with oil filter. I also suspect that most sellers would rather keep than sell at current market prices. (Not unreasonably)

1 Like