Wanted: inlet sleeves for VHB 30 carburettors

Stupidly bought 2 VHB 30 carburettors without the screw-in sleeves that fit between the carb bodies and airbox. I understand these (or velocity stacks which I’d rather not use) are required for proper tuning. Needing two if anyone has some spare.

I understand the VHB 27 to 30 sleeves might also be suitable.

Have you tried Eurocarb? They are very good for Dellorto parts.

Yes, only bellmouths which I’d rather avoid and fit filters. Gutsibits don’t have them either. I have asked Peter in France but his internet is presently down.

Yes - I’ve got six spare (one of my middle names is ‘Magpie’). I have no idea how much two would be worth - would £30 + p&p be too much? Make me an offer if you think it is.

1 Like

I have run VHB30’s with K&N’s and no ‘sleeves’ for years without any discernible problem. Even back then (1989?) the sleeves were unobtainium I think. Or the K&N’s just wouldn’t use them and clamp directly onto the carb inlet.

Actually, I just remembered the first time I tried K&N’s was on the Spada, and I had to cut down the inlet sleeves because they were too long for the filters, and those were the large ones!

1 Like

So I wasn’t the only one then! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Would £35 including the P&P do you?

If so, I’ll Pm you my address and postcode and you can share your name on account, bank account no and sort for the transfer.

That’s if I can figure out how to PM you :upside_down_face:

If you click on the PM recipient’s name a dialogue box pops up, in the top right corner is a button with “Message” on it. Click on that and away you go!

Best wishes Chris