What's new after Brexit?

This info has been taken off the Eurotunnel Website - Brexit Travel Information: Travel After Brexit - Eurotunnel Le Shuttle

The UK Government has also produced a handy Brexit Checker which gives a personalised action list for travel - Brexit guidance - GOV.UK

Your passport
If you are looking to travel from the UK to the EU, you must have 6 months left on your passport. Even if it has more than 6 months left, your passport must be less than 10 years old.
Up until 30 September 2021, citizens of the EU, EEA and Switzerland will still be able to travel to the UK using your national identity card. From 1 October however, you will need a passport to travel to the UK that is valid for the duration of your stay.

Your stay
For British passport holders there are now limits to how long you can stay on the continent. For each 180-day period (nearly half the year) you can spend up to 90 of those days in the EU. For full details, check the latest government advice. Visiting the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein: Checks for all types of travel - GOV.UK

Your car
More than ever before, it’s really important to make sure you have the right documents before you drive from the UK to the EU. For full details, check the latest government advice. Driving abroad: Driving abroad on holiday - GOV.UK

For UK driving licence holders:

  • You will need a valid Great Britain or Northern Ireland driving licence with you to drive abroad.
    You will also need a GB sticker on your car, which you can buy at the AA shop in our UK terminal building.
    If you’re taking your own vehicle, you also need to take your log book (V5C) and your insurance certificate.
    You need to carry a physical copy of a ‘green card’ for your vehicle
    If you’re taking a vehicle abroad that you’ve hired or leased in the UK, you’ll need a VE103 certificate.

For EU driving licence holders:
· You will not require an international driving permit
· You will need to provide valid proof of insurance, such as an insurance green card

Your travel insurance
As before, you will need to make sure you have appropriate travel insurance whether travelling from the UK or the EU.
If it has been issued before the end of 2020, your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will still be valid into 2021 until its expiry date. You should still make sure your travel insurance has health cover, particularly if you have a pre-existing medical condition, as EHICs do not cover every eventuality.

Your phone
Many UK networks have said that they have no plans to reintroduce data roaming charges for calls, but we’d strongly recommend you check with your mobile phone provider before you travel - just to make sure there are no surprises.

Your shopping
From 2021, you are now able to take advantage of duty-free shopping. Limits have been increased and we’d recommend checking the latest government advice, which has details on exact allowances as well as exactly what you can and can’t carry between the UK and EU. Duty Free extended to the EU from January 2021 - GOV.UK
Remember that at Eurotunnel we don’t have ‘red’ customs channels, so you’ll need to declare at the border controls.

Duty Free Allowances:

· 42 litres of beer
· 18 litres of still wine
· 4 litres of spirits OR 9 litres of sparkling wine, fortified wine or any alcoholic beverage less than 22% ABV
· 200 cigarettes OR
· 100 cigarillos OR
· 50 cigars OR
· 250g tobacco OR
· 200 sticks of tobacco for heating
· or any proportional combination of the above
Any other goods
· £390

Please remember that certain products are now forbidden to take into the EU
i.e. meat products, dairy products, certain animal or plant derived products
You can however bring a limited quantity of fruit and vegetables as well as eggs, egg products and honey. Restricted quantities of fish or fish products are also allowed, but best check latest updates on this.

Complete guide: https://www.douane.gouv.fr/sites/default/files/uploads/files/Brexit/Other_languages/Preparing-for-Brexit-customs-guidelines-12.11.20.pdf