Just aquired my Nevada. Been standing outside for 15 years! Surprisingly good except for badly rusted wheels. I have been offered some v350 (2000) which seem to be the same size and for 5 hole front brake, 6 hole rear brake. Will these fit and are there any other models which used the same sizes
Hello Bazbear, welcome to the forum!
I have never owned a small block bike but my understanding is that most parts interchangeable across models. Someone will confirm soon I’m sure.
Hi Bazbaear,
I found that pre injection, cast wheels are not interchangeable with spoked. On a cast wheel the rear brake disc is the same side at the bevel box.
I sent my wheels of to https://www.staffordshirewheelworks.co.uk/ and he replaced the rims and refreshed the hubs and re-spoked. I had him fit anodised aluminium rims to prevent rust. It had an added bonus of reducing the unsprung mass, which livened up the handling noticeably, but not excessively.
Good luck with your choice.
Thanks. One other question. Does the v350 have twin discs?
Thanks. I don’t think I can justify the cost of rebuilding the wheels at the moment. For now, I am rebuilding retaining all current anti theft camouflage (rust etc!) before deciding whether it deserves a full renovation!
My V35 Imola II did. Front near side linked to the rear. Hated the system.