Wiring for startus interuptus

Hi, looking to do the mod. and dont really want to spend 60 dollars to get a kit from USA with a wire and fuse? Is it as simple as running a heavier (16) wire from the +ve battery terminal to the starter relay terminal 30 with a 15A fuse or is there more to it? Thanks

sounds like it, I bought a Halfords (other brands available) inline fuse with tails, you can use the redundant cable as a switched live if you want.

Yes, simply run a fused live to the relay from the battery, and disconnect the jumper.

This means that the starter solenoid current does not flow through the ignition switch - but the relay won’t operate unless the ignition is on!

I originally fitted a 15A fuse, but it needs to be bigger, 20A might do, 30A is ok.

Thanks very much, sounds much simpler than some of the stuff I have read on the net

Thanks very much for your reply, hopefully I can get that sorted

What bike are we talking about? It is simple on the older bikes such as the T3 and Spada, slightly more involved on the modern bikes, but the principle is the same for all.

Hi, its a 2009 Bellagio?

Have a read of this thread,

Thanks for that, yes lots of stuff, not all of which I understand but it seems that fused cable direct from the battery helps in all cases. Cheers

1 Like

This is an image I saved long ago. Locate the starter relay and find the yellow feed wire (which should be live when the ingition is on) Cut that so you have a couple of inches spare on the terminal, tape up the loose end.
Run a new live feed from the battery, via a fuse, to the yellow wire into the relay.
start relay wiring mod

Thanks again, the wiring diagram is appreciated

1 Like