Youtube video on how Moto Guzzi started

Three Pilots Promised To Build A Motorcycle Brand

I’m not sure about the facts but it’s an ever-increasing rarity in that it’s narrated by a real person (you can hear the hesitation at times). Also there’s some beautiful pictures of early and rare bikes.

3 Likes

Sound engineer here. Sorry to disappoint, but that is an AI generated voice! The pauses all come around the word ‘and’, there are no breaths and the gaps between sentences are unnatural. The software that is used to generate this stuff is evolving by the day and becomes increasingly convincing. Not that it really matters (unless you are a voice-over artist), the video is still interesting. Thanks for the link.

2 Likes

Agreed AI narration but the script is not bad even if it is clanker slop.

Also (very rare for YouTubes of this sort) the pictures are appropriate to the story!!!

Well, I really wasn’t sure so erred on the side of ‘maybe’. I did note that, as you say, all the hesitations occurred around the word ‘and’ but gave the benefit of the doubt to indrawn breath for the next part of the sentence. Another giveaway to listen out for.

Thank you for the pointer.

AI voices or not, I found it to be a very enjoyable video.

Here’s one I found about how Moto Guzzi is now

2 Likes

Well i am a cynical bustard but i think that the new building looks pretty cool.

Nice to see how the new bikes are built

Still not a whiff of grease anywhere to be seen!

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes