1100 sport dead

… and which could be a broken wire, while all connectors OK. If so actual breaks are impossible to spot by just looking, needs a multimeter.

Yes granted BUT the vast majority of elektrikery faults can be seen. If you do NOT know your way around vehicle elektrikery and do not really know how to use a meter then you can find all sorts of false trails.

I rarely have to resort to a multimeter when tracing faults on a Guzzi, very rarely indeed. Most times I can find it and then often far better to use a test lamp easy to see the bulb ON.

For the vast majority of ordinary owners a multimeter just does not help really

See I knew at the time I was doing it I should have written ‘test gear’ Covers a multitude of items and methods

There is a 6 way connector under the ignition switch. Would almost put money on that being the culprit.

Thanks guys. I’ve just driven from Aberdeen to Stockport and fly back up Thursday before heading straight offshore for 2 weeks so will have another look when Im finished as i have 5 weeks off before i head to the USA for 2 years. wish i could take the Guzzi with me…