Air filter fitting.

I have heard that fitting the air filter to a V35/V50 is not an easy task.
Is it possible to fit it without lifting the frame and could I put together a piece at a time on the bike?
The carbs are not yet fitted.
:thinking:

If it’s the same as my V50 Monza, it can be done with the tank off. Fiddly but possible.
Ian

2 Likes

Try removing the battery and coming at it from the rear. You may need to do it piecemeal as you thought

1 Like

There’s still lots to put on the bike so that might make it easier :crossed_fingers:

Agree with Mr P. Personally when i do them i remove rear wheel, remove inner mudguard and battery. Sounds long winded but believe me it saves busted knuckles, broken Oil pressure switch and a lot of swearing!!!

Also do it before you fit the carbs.

Regards, Nik

1 Like

Cheers, I was thinking of fitting them but not anymore. No battery so half the prep done!

Trying to reassemble the airbox. It came with a very grubby cylindrical filter but when I bought one it was conical. I can’t get it to fit together. It wasn’t fitted to the bike when I bought it. Is it me or should I have a cylindrical filter?

My memory says conical is correct.

1 Like

Thanks. It is, of course, me!
I’ll take a few pics of How I’m trying to assemble it when I can.

Is this the correct order of parts? I can’t seem to get the metal ring to fit into the inlet end. :man_shrugging: