Bellagio banter 2017

Have to agree, bigger screen and real keys are preferable. And what with wi-fi almost everywhere these days, like B&B’s, I often take my notebook with me if I can.

Mr. Dunmore…A mssg for you in your inbox re sensor replacement :arrow_right:

Hi,

first time poster here. I’m off to view a Bellagio tomorrow probably. It will be my return to biking after many many years. Could anyone share a few key things to look for?

I believe the bellagio is a good all round choice but I also need some reassurance :slight_smile:

I’ll be spending around £3.5k, the bike is 6 years old with about 20k miles.

Thanks
Steve

That sounds a reasonable price.
I don’t know of any known weaknesses.
It steers on a dust point once the suspension is set up, yours probably already is.

Thanks for the feedback.

The other bikes I have been considering are a 750 Breva, an 1100 Breva and … ahem… a Yamaha BT1100.

The Bellagio seems to offer bit more I think, from what I’ve read.

Starting biking again after such a long break (34 years !!) is a bit daunting, so I want something with character but not overly intimidating…

and yes, I know I’m a bloody cliche.

Cliche or not…welcome…Bellas are lovely things…

Have a like.

Hello and Welcome Steve!

Well, you definitely have come to the right place, and in this thread (of many many) pages
you will be able to track the chronicles of a bunch of new Bellagio owners when this magnificent bike was the new kid on the block…Yes, it’s a log read, but if you start from page one you will see the posts about this bike and owner experiences before the ‘madness’ set in :unamused: :astonished: :laughing:

As you are retrning to riding after a long lay off, i will give you the very first note of caution that you must always try to remember and practice particularly on this machine.

Be very careful with the exceptionally powerfull front brakes! They seriously are ‘Brick wall’ stoppers and you need to merley caress that brake lever and use your rear brake pedal a little more to scrub off speed…(psst) no one likes to admit it, but a few of our motely crew have indeed been ‘un-horsed’ and on their botties due to over zealous application.

Enjoy your test ride, and i’m sure we will all be waiting to hear back from you and your first take on the first experience. Bon chance mon ami

Evenin all…heartily endorse the Dark Lords comments re da Bella…
Am avin a nice ot bath…whilst ruminating and fulminating…we contemplating a house move…so have spent much of the day decluttering…phew…and all bought n bloody paid for…mores the pity !..still…has to be done…
Have sold a couple of bikes and some prospective buyers came from Colchester to look at another this afternoon…we’ll see…
Number one son texted me a while back from the Brecon Beacons…where he hath been Enduroing…chuffed with a good second…hmmm…mite struggle to be up fer work at 5 am tomoro mornin methinx… :laughing:
As I type this…the sun has only just gone down…the saps rising…soon be spring…then ‘Summers here and the time will be right…fer Racin in the Street’…
Cue a U tube link to the Boss methinx…courtesy of the Dark Lord…if he’s a listenin…

Evenin’ chillun …Well Agent Kato, the prospective new recruit to the team seems to have gone Awol @ the mo’ …Aww shucks, wonder why?

So Princesso, you are pullin’ up sticks then hon, where you two dudes off to eh?
Anywayo, re your request: You have me in a quandary there me duck , so bein’ a ‘belt ‘n braces’ sort o’ chap, i have included two numbers :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=129kuDCQtHs
Bruce (The Boss) Springsteen Dancin’ in the dark and:
https://youtu.be/CdvITn5cAVc
Martha and the Vandellas Dancing in the street
…But i sure dig either :sunglasses:

Merci mon ami…but the required song…Is …Racing in the Street…xxxxxxx

Sounds nasty…

Arrr Miko! Her do be a roite Lil’ ‘Catolic’ educated handfull! :smiley:

Ahhh Agent Kato, I ran this track and it sounded so mournful, i was sure you didn/t mean it to be that way, but pour tu mon petite fleur >>>

https://youtu.be/ZOWIAXsfZus?list=RDZOWIAXsfZus

Merci mon ami…tis indeed…‘Tonight tonight, the highways bright, out of my way mister you’d best keep…summers here and the time is right…fer racin in the street’…you bet…
In other news…the intended pile is about a 10 minute bike ride up the road from where we are now…and has a bit of ground with it…for me old grey arabian…and once transformed…will have the ultimate man (and woman) cave…the housewarming party will be a blast…xx

Sounds intriguing!

Having moved last year, I know what it’s like wondering what to do with a heap of “crap” - basically I looked at what do I actually use? Or actually want to keep, so that’s what I’ll take. A lot of the rest I gave away, fortunately it didn’t all go to the tip. Mostly books, crockery, tools. Also some things I could buy new, so not really vital to take the old ones. Which could be quite old, and I mean things like washing machine, fridge etc. That did help a lot, but I still don’t want to do it again!

We goin from 18 rooms and a cellar to 3 rooms and a huge garage with Mezzanine floor…number one son will either have to camp out on that or live in a caravan int back yard !

18 rooms! :astonished: Bluddy hell…

Think of the housework you won’t be doing anymore.
Less time in your French Maids outfit with your Hoover.

Ooh la la…there was a time in my distant past where I mite ave looked rather good in the outfit…these days is less ‘allo allo’ and more Nora Batty !

Got my Bella back from Tony Botto last night with the new speedo sensor.
£80.00 to fit so no complaints there.
I just wish there was some way of fitting a mainstand.