Cardellino 73cc 1959 Information wanted.

I acquired the bike as a winter project. It is not one of the big boys, but advancing years mean that big bikes are now out of the question.
I have done a full rebuild which is getting near completion, and would like some information if any one on the Forum could help

• Which is the correct spark plug grade?

• What is the recommended petrol/oil 2 stroke mixture?

• The “white panel” on the petrol tank ----can anyone give me an indication of
    what colour it should be? My guess is Ivory but someone may know better.

Any help will be greatly appreciated and hope this is in the correct category.

1 Like

From a look at the user manual, the recomended plug is either a Marelli CW225F or a Lodge HN.
If you have not managed to find any manuals etc, there are plenty here
https://www.guzzitek.org/gb/accueil_gb.htm
or here
http://www.rpw.it/Documentazione.htm

The Green Spark plug co do list the Lodge plug, but it is out of stock, they do show a couple of alternatives

As for two stroke oil, modern oils are a lot better than those used back in the 1950’s when your bike was produced so follow the guidelines on the bottle. I’m sure there was a recent discussion on this subject a few months ago.
Finding an original paint colour is going to be impossible unless you have a section of paint on the tank that you could clean up and take to a shop to get colour matched. When I did my Stornello, I studied loads of photos on the net and found a modern car colour that looked about right.

1 Like

Hi Don,
Many thanks for your prompt reply.
You have answered all my questions and I am most grateful.
I need help in translating the manual on the computer,so will have to wait until further assistance from my son- in -law (an IT analyst) is available.
My personal IT skills are very limited.
With regards to the colour, I do not have a sample, but feel that near enough would be OK in this case.
With renewed thanks
Cardellino

2 Likes

I use the Google Translate app on my phone for small amounts of text. It’s very clever, you point it at the text and it translates it on the screen.

1 Like

Have a read of this thread concerning two stroke oil