Coburn and Hughes edition LM 2

So I take it that your converts sits quite comfortably at 140, with no tank flex at all

Damn fast these Gutsis.

I think some of you won’t like what’s been done to this one…it is so sweet to ride though!

Are those trials bike handlebars? ianboydsnr2014-09-14 16:20:51

I knew someone would ask that, which is precisely why I left the magazine in my dad’s attic 250 miles away!

I am back up there mid-week, so will retrive the mag and scan it in.

Ah, that’ll be the classic 'Bopping down the boulevards" mag. Remember it well (and have it in a box). IIRC getting the Guzzi through corners was compared to swinging a plank in a swimming pool!

Just looked and the last one to sell on eBay only made £1.50!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/bike-MAGAZINE-OCT-1981-BMW-R100CS-DUCATI-900SS-MOTO-GUZZI-LE-MANS-11-GS650GX-/201120165349?pt=UK_Magazines&hash=item2ed3b22de5&nma=true&si=5vMaBvjuDnpU%2BLbb87sIsOtEc4k%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

There is one for £6 though:
BikeBondEquipe2014-09-15 10:13:25

Thanks Fen,

BondE, cheers, I’ve recently bought a mag from fleabay, I’ll see how I get on.

Ta all.

well my lemans 2 has air forks!

I have a huge box of receipts Ian, I’ll go through them all one day and let you know! There are some very pretty extenders which mate in with the top yoke, I’ll get a shot of them and put it up here soon.

It also appears to have air shocks, but I vaguely remember seeing a receipt about something else being done to the front dampers…McFuzzi2014-09-15 21:59:39

Not being pedantic but…
Don’t the Schrader valves feed air into the dampers rather then the ‘air forks’?
I’ve retro fitted non-air dampers on a couple of LMIIs fr people who found air-dampers to be too much of a ‘faff’
All the best
Steve

^^^ yep…

mine now has Biturbo ones, which actually ‘damp’ and they do without the air assist…

Hi, I bought a Black/Gold LM MkII from Oxford M/c Engineers in Oct '81. Reading this thread, I agree with earlier comments - 200 were repainted; they are standard MkII’s otherwise. When I bought mine the MkIII’s were already being sold. 33 years later and just planning a winter re-build. Anyone have a spare headlight? Rgds. Noel

Hi Noel, we seem to have lost several posts in the move.

There was a sub conversation about the registration numbers, cant remember what the others said but mine was reg’d MUM on a V plate, can you remember what yours was ??

One currently on eBay!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzzi-Le-Mans-Mk2-3-Headlight-/131339695816?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item1e9474b6c8

Sorry you will have to copy and paste, the URL thing doesn’t seem to work!
Edit it does it automatically!

To Oldrat – My reg is SUD…. for Oxford on a ‘X’ plate. I’ve had the bike since new so know it’s genuine. The frame # is higher than that usually quoted as the upper limit for MkII’s proving the factory’s ‘relaxed’ approach to record keeping; it does start *VE.

To ianboydsnr – Thanks, I’m currently bidding on that unit. I suspect it’s come off a MkV and not a MkII; I’m sure with a bit of brute force and ignorance I can persuade it to fit!

Rgds Noel

Hi Noël,
That fits, SUD is an Oxford suffix.
MUM was issued in Leeds.

Wonder how that fits in with Coburn and Hughes who were in Green lane Hornsey, London, and Luton as far as I know, Â not Oxford or further north. Â That’s a mystery then.

coburn and hughes were the importers (as well as dealers), so presume most bikes would still have been registered where sold…

Importers! That makes sense now, thanks Neil