Griso test ride tomorrow

I would say that I connected with the bike I within about a mile! Once I had stretched its legs a little and taken a few quicker corners, I just got it!

So easy to pass cars and really like the shaft drive. The torque is right where you want it and i was impressed with the Brembo brakes. I purposely rode without earplugs to listen for everything, but ended up just grinning like a Cheshire Cat in my helmet to the sound of the Termigoni pipe.

What year is it?

It’s a 2011

Oops double posted!Bluesun92014-08-17 11:12:58

pure class is the griso

Very nice.

Lovely choicr of bike particularly in that colour.

Deffo, if you were told you’d think “green, nah that’ll never work”, but it really does. I’m so jealous. I hate you.

Absolutely gorgeous bike and I’m glad you connected with it. To my eyes, this and the matt black Bellagio are the most beautiful modern Guzzis.

The soundtrack from the 8V engines, even with the standard pipes, is a nice bonus when riding on otherwise boring roads. I find myself playing with the throttle every now and then just for this purpose :slight_smile:

Jon

You’ll love it! The Termi exhaust makes it sound like a RR Merlin in a Spitfire, complete with crackling on the over-run!

I like 'em white. Here’s mine:

yungstart…65 here

I know, I’m looking forward to the big holiday that starts in just over 3 years.

Had a look a new 1200 Sport today.Tried it with the lower Norge seat and it fitted,so I’d have to have the 1200 seat cut away… Which is not a big problem.But, I was slightly underwhelmed.I don’t know what I was expecting after all It was a 126 mile round trip so I was keen .
red leader one2014-08-19 19:22:50

I have 1200 sport so I`m curious to know what underwhelmed you about it ? I loved mine within about 10 miles despite the dealer letting me out on it with the suspension set up about as badly as possible.

I’d like to know as well. I couldn’t fault it. It was in red as well.I don’t know if it is the worry about the cams.

Did you get to take it out or did you travel all that way just for a look ? Also, I guess your current ride would affect how much whelming the 1200 could do either way.
Mine is a 2012 Rosso Corsa and I`ve been reliably told no cam issues on bikes made that recently.
My test ride was completely unplanned, I went to the dealer to look for a bike for the Trouble , saw the 1200 and asked for a test ride straight off the cuff. I had not heard of any problems with the 1200 engines so nothing to trouble my little head with.

I just went to have a look he’d not got a demo Sport. He suggested trying the Griso but it was out.

I Don’t know where you are based but I was in Forza Italia in Silverstone a couple of weeks ago and they had secondhand 4valve and 2valve 1200 sports. I think they had a Griso too so may be worth a visit if not to far from you.
They are incredibly helpful there in my experience.

Newcastle upon Tyne unfortunately.I think that’s part of the problem having a sparse Dealers network.

That is a bit of a trek. Oh well…