Griso test ride tomorrow

I think the green with the tan seat is the best colour scheme and will become a classic copied by future generations of bikes. It is a real shame how little attention the griso gets in the wider motorcycle press. For me it puts the muscle into “muscle” bikes regardless of ultimate cubic capacity and BHP. Check the engine number on your registration document Ian. If it begins “AC” it is an actual made in 2011 bike and will have the roller cam top end which should not suffer the cam follower issues discussed elswhere. (should also be badged on the tank as a 90th anniversary model). Enjoy! I have gone for the practicality of the Stelvio but every now and then I think “Griso…?”

Richard

Thank you Richard. I will check that information when I get the bike and the documents tomorrow. I appreciate the heads up.

Best of luck tomorrow, hope you get a dry and sunny day.

We’ll need pics

Cheers. Fingers crossed for a bright day.

I am collecting bike then off to Camden/London for the day as I had promised.

Will sort some pictures out for sure as well.

you realise that the Tenni replica is named after an Italian Deity dont you !he was a cracking rider and quite madhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/86182814@N02/14713820247/in/set-72157636214071656

Here she is!

URL=http://s605.photobucket.com/user/ZXR750blob/media/Griso888.jpg.html][/URL]

Yes… I got the T-shirt too,

Was all a bit of a rush collecting it. Managed to get out yesterday and get a few miles in. Only need to make couple of adjustments- rear suspension needs winding up a bit as it is too soft for me and I may consider bar risers or spacers for the handlebars( although this is not urgent and just maybe coming from the Versys I am too used to a totally upright posture) so I will do a few more miles as it is.

Love the torque,shaft drive and gearbox,and fit and finish, she sits around 3800 rpm @ 70mph in 6th -very smooth and civilised and the mirrors are clear from vibes too ( which is an area the versys suffered from )

So all in all, very happy to now have a Guzzi and feel I have been missing out!

Cheers, Ian/BlueBluesun92014-08-26 20:47:46

Very nice. Top bag and rack as well.No other bike looks like that, lovely colour and I’m not usually partial to green.As a Non member how did you post the pic.I’ve tried using photo bucket but had no success and then was told it was because I’m a Non Member,just curious.

Sorry to be cheeky but would you tell us what it cost.

Lovely bike and great to see you have colour matched it to the recycling bin in the back ground. Good work !

I just image copied out of photobucket? Hope that’s OK?

Bluesun92014-08-25 17:21:30

Sorry, can’t get into that link, will have to search the net?

Yes, it was the closest colour bike I could find to match. Although there are no plans to recycle the Griso

Not surprised, that bin is tiny, no way the Griso would fit in there !
Does the fairing do a good job ? I wonder if the demo you tested was naked or also had one so you could compare ?

The screen works. The demo was naked so can say the screen kills some windblast. should be able to tweek it to get it just right.At the setting it is at now it will protect the tacho nicely from the odd downpour!

Lovely bike. Stunning in every way! I would have one over my Stelvio but the Stelvio is soooo practical and still has that lovely engine and handling. Might need to put a Griso on display in the dining room instead.

Jon

Search on Omobono Tenni for both info and pics, (excuse the ‘bad hair day’ ones but it was the fashion at the time!), and you’ll soon see why he is a revered figure in the history of Moto Guzzi - 47 victories for the marque plus first Italian to win a TT, and on a Guzzi!BTW Omobono was his given name and translates as ‘Good Man’, despite his nickname being ‘Black Devil’ - go figure!That’s a really nice bike you’ve got there, I trust you’ll enjoy it.

Thank you! I had a look and a good read about ‘Tenni’ - very interesting. I said previously that I was surprised how well the Griso handles - and looking at this video it confirms it’s not half bad for a long,heavy bike. Cam is on the Griso itself.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPp7URXtPQ8

Mmmmm…one fingered braking…

Yes - easy when the bike is not moving or indeed running Bluesun92014-08-27 10:48:12