Have you got one of these in your tank?

A Warning, just read on Guzzitech, that one of these half plastic filters has been found on a 2012 V7, so the bean counters have got their way again. These filters are unreliable, and will leave you stranded if they burst.

Changed my fuel filter today that was half plastic and looked ready to explode . That is in my 1200 Breva which is a 2010 model so they were fitting them after 2008

Metal filter on my Griso, but the fuel pipe still popped off the fuel pump and left me stranded :-

My 2009 model Nevada just broke down last week with - you guessed it! burst fuel filter! Half plastic/half metal just like the pictures on hear. As a side note this bike was bought new and registered in 2011 and has been dealer serviced throughout its life of 16k miles and three years - if this was an issue that is supposed to have been addressed by the dealers at services then I say RUBBISH - not done.

Just had mine changed on my 57 reg 1200 sport. It was plastic and quite bulged, looked fit to burst. Bike is 7 years old but only 11000 miles so far, I bought it last year.

I have a nice new Filter waiting at home to be fitted when I do the next Service on my '09 Stelvio.
No idea what’s in the tank at the moment, or how long it’s been there, but I like to start ‘from scratch’ when I get a Bike, if I’m not 100% sure of it’s history.Â

Any tips/shortcuts to getting all the plastic off to reach the Tank?Â

Having been"away" from MGOCGB for sometime, i have only just seen this article and do not have the relevant Gambalunga to look at pictures.
My 06 Griso died for no reason last week whilst having a ride out. No warning. After checking, had spark but plugs were dry so i guess this should be my first port of call. Any photos available for the operation and where can i get a new filter from?

Took fuel pump assembly out of tank to find the filter had popped off the fuel pump. Slightly loose clip. It wS an all metal filter so had been reaced at so.e point. As i had it stripped,decided to fit a new filter with new pipes. And new jubilee clips. Back tigether and started first po.ke of the button :grin:
All good until about 10 miles, now has a big miss fire ob one side with a big drop in power. :disappointed:
Any ideas or help?

Wild guess, possibly when filter was off a bit of crud got in and now blocked an injector?

The hose popping off has happened to others by the way. :frowning:

20210906_134423_resize_46.jpg

Had one of them in my 56 reg breva 1100. It was all swelled up like the picture. Its a few years ago when i changed it but if I remember correctly it was the same filter thats in a bmw 1150.

When doing this job, generally recommended as a yearly task (though we don’t); replacing the rubber hoses in the tank with E10 proof ones may be a wise idea.