Mandello 2022!!!

Has the dates been announced for this year?

Hi, 8th to 11th September AFAIK.

For updates on all events always look at the Events Section of the Forum or Club Website

I always try and keep these pages updated with the latest info.

Cheers Uki

Official event webpage now updated: https://motoradunomandello.com/articoli/gmg-e-motoraduno-internazionale-citta-della-moto-guzzi-2022/
ann2022.jpg

Hi all,
Is there any chance of a forum group being set up for attendees, as I would like to get to know some of the British contingent prior to the event?
Alistair Reid

Hi Alistair,

you can’t set up a group in a Forum like you can on Facebook.

Start collecting interest in this thread and then we can start a new topic, or ask people to PM you their mobile number and set up a WhatsApp group.

Sorry Uki

Hi Alistair

I’m going on my Stelvio with a pal on his V85TT, we are leaving early as we have to leave sharpish to get back. We are leaving from Harwich and going via Arnham and the dambuster sites and then down through Germany and Austria into Italy via the Stelvio pass. We have accommodation in Onno on the opposite side of lake Como for two nights, so will use water taxis, but may also take a tent (depends on the weather) and camp on the factory side if we can find space. (I have written to the town council about the sports stadium camping but have had no reply, yet)
Fast return trip up the French Autoroutes to Calais.

Best wishes Chris

I have received a reply about the camping at the sports stadium 15 Euros per person per night pre booked only

https://motoradunomandello.com/campeggio-durante-le-gmg-2022-mandello-guzzi/

The campground is in a very good location, right in the centre of town.

Hi Chris,
Thanks ever so much for the mail. I am attending the event then driving over to Croatia for a couple of weeks.
I booked a camping pitch on the sports field for three nights at 40 euros per night!!! The organiser is Patrizia on-
info@polisportivamandello.it
The camping pitches are 4 metres square. I am taking a small tent which I will probably bin afterwards, so there would be a good amount of space for another for a night or so. Being Italian, I doubt whether the area will be under a great deal of supervision!!!
Regards
Alistair

Hi guys, we are planning on attending the celebrations but have decided not to camp, so have booked a B&B outside Lecco. Yes we will have to drive into Mandello each day, but as we are also touring around the area we wanted a more comfortable stay… being on the wrong side of 60 you appreciate a few comforts. We are arriving on the 5th and leaving for France on the 12th.

We have visited Mandello a few times over the last 40 years or so, but have not been back for 10 years, so I expect a few things have changed.

I think it would be helpful to all attending to have some idea of what it planned or perhaps a meeting point from a Guzzi Club perspective.

Thanks, Steve

Hi everyone,
I’ll be travelling to Mandello for the first time this year, arriving on the 8th and staying in Bellagio for 4 nights. It would be great to hook up with any others that are going to be around.
Looking forward to it.
Cheers
Mark

Hi Mark and Steve,
Event details can be found on-
Program - Motoraduno Mandello
I think the ‘meeting place’ suggestion is a good one. Any ideas?
I was due to go last year with a group, but am alone this year. I do not mind meeting for a pint sometime in August to discuss options, and actually get to know anyone attending. Anyone live near Cambridgeshire?
Alistair

It sounds like Patrizia is cashing in as I was told by the town council that the 4m pitches were 15 Euros per night.

Hi Alistair
I’m in East Lincolnshire, near Mablethorpe. I’d be up for a pint somewhere. Whereabouts are you?
Mark

Chris- I just hope Patrizia is worth the extra fee!!!
Mark- I am near Peterborough, so half way (Boston ish) is only 35-40 miles away. Shall we wait a couple of weeks to see if anyone else is interested? Drop me a mail around the 5th August on jkds733@btinternet.com or let me have your contact details.
Alistair

1 Like

Hi all,
Liliana and I are planning to be in Mandello del Lario over the celebratory weekend. It would be great to meet up with other members of the club who are also there.

Would it be useful to collect names and contact details of everyone who is going and then arrange a meeting place and time?

This could be done via Whatsapp.

Please post a reply if you are interested and we can set something up I’m sure.

Cheers

Phil

I’ll be there, I will be wearing a Guzzi tee shirt and a big smile! :grinning:

Hi Phil,
Great idea. If I need to set up a whatsap group I will have to find an eight year old to do it for me. Glad you can do it, let me know the details that you need.
Alistair

hello all, being a newbie I would welcome the chance to hook ups with more experienced visitors, I am planning to go Hull Rotterdam, My e-mail is musto777@sky.com mobile 07925701400, if any body would welcome company, B7B or camping no problem. Cheers Stephen