Proportional valve

Hi all,
Anyone out there know where I can get a working proportional valve for the linked brakes on my Spada?
Apparently you can’t buy new ones and they don’t make repair kits for them.
Thanks
Jef

you spoke to Gutsibits, right?

failing that, leave a Want with them and/or save an eBay search. 1000SP’s do get broken from time to time, so: keep your eyes peeled. Also consider that other Tontis with the less complex ‘splitter’ also brake pretty well.

1 Like

They are pretty reliable so if you have one fitted, it is probably working fine.
What makes you think that yours needs replacing?

Hi all,
Anyone out there know where I can get a working proportional valve for the linked brakes on my Spada?
Apparently you can’t buy new ones and they don’t make repair kits for them.
Thanks
Jef

I took it apart because the bike has been left outside for 30 years plus, everything on it is seized.

I thought they would have repair kits or could buy a replacement, not the case, now mine is useless as all the seals are damaged.

So need a new one if you know anyone breaking a bike like a Spada, Lemans or California.

Thanks

Jef

As Barry said Gutsibits wojld be my first port of call. There’s some info on the valve on Gregory Benders site, including the size of the seal used which might be useful.

Hi Jef
From experience i have removed these and fitted the straight thru splitters with no issues.

I have just had a look at an old siezed up one that I have in the garage and there are two rubber seals, one is a basic thin o ring at the top, the lower one is a larger seal of specific shape and so unlikely to be available from a bearing & seal shop. The seal feels good, but the piston has siezed up on my spare.
TLM have one for sale, it is missing the rubber cap from the end

Hi all,
Thanks for your responses.
I will look into buying a second hand one from Germany or Gutsibits.
The big seal inside mine has just disintegrated, and yes it’s a very special looking seal, so trying to find one would be challenging.

TLM Netherlands have stock, new around 52 Eur and used around 35 Eur.

I have used TLM for spares for many years, good quality parts.

I seem to remember having one kicking round in the garage.
If you have not sorted one please pm me,:+1:

Hi Steve,
I’m finding it hard to locate one of these proportional valves, so if you have one I would be interested to know if you can find the one in your garage.
Thanks
Jef

Evening Jeff, are you on Facebook?
If not ping me an email.
(You will find my email published in Gambalunga in pennine branch section👍 )
and I will send a pic

@cheefysteve just a reminder that any personal details, if an exchange of is required, are best shared via direct message rather than “in the open”

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the photo.
I think it’s different than mine, I will check tomorrow.
Do you know what bike this is off?

Jeff, that is the standard proportioning valve fitted to an early Spada. Mine is from 78 and has the same fitted. I do have the internals from one with a decent bottom seal, but the internals have siezed up. It may be possible to get it moving with a bit of work.

Hi Don,
Thanks for the info
I have messaged Steve to see if he will sell it to me.

Don beat me to it, original 1980 SP1000

Hi,
Thanks, yes that is the same one.