Relays

http://www.dpguzzi.com/

An American supplier, very cheap relays, been on the Jackal for 4 years no problems. Fast service, he sent me the relays before he got the money.

i.e.Late model Guzzi relay Siemens V23073

1. Bosch equivalent is SPDT 12VDC relay Part number 0 332 207 307

Available from all Bosch outlets & “Megaspares” stores. Around £10 ea

1. Omron Equivalent SSDT 10G8H series (G8H-1C4T-R 12DC)

available from RS Spares (online) and local stores.
Part number to order is No 349-2121

Now get this price!!! Around £5.00 each

1. GEI (easily available in the US of A) SPDT 12VDC
    Part number AR4-012-C11

Nigel

My cal3 got a new set of relays for £3.80+VAT each from AES.

part number 140205

http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/173

Good site for auto electrics

The adress I gave sent me 6 new relays including postage from the USA for a lot less than £20

It’s just a bit far to go on a Saturday morning when the relays play sill beggars as you’re just about to set off to the V-Twin.

RS/Maplins are everywhere.

NigelN2-UK2007-05-19 14:14:12

I didn’t wait for that to happen. I had heard enough about the unreliable Siemans relays and had some experience with other garbage they make.
So I changed them all as preventative maintainance.

From my experienc if Siemans made the last electric bulbs in the world I would have gas lighting. They make Lucas look good.

[QUOTE=patrick]http://www.dpguzzi.com/

An American supplier, very cheap relays, been on the Jackal for 4 years no problems. Fast service, he sent me the relays before he got the money.[/QUOTE]

Just ordered the set of relays from Dan he FedEx’d them the same day will be here in 2 days due to dateline but the cost …$13.75 for the relays equates to £6.35 for the set. Cheers Patrick good link and this are the relays as reccomended on the GuzziTech site too.

Ken

As an update the relays arrived within 2 days , one advantage of working for FedEx I also get staff rates, Dan is a top bloke, we exchanged a fair few e-mails, he accepts paypal which made the transaction real easy, as Patrick said he actually shipped the relays before I had paypal’d the payment to him.
Dan also rides Guzzis and has a rela nice Cali lovely paintjob on it. Lord knows how he provides the relays for the price but i am glad he does.
I can’t reccomend Dan’s services highly enough.
Ken

I know OMRON make an equivalent relay but I haven’t found a UK supplier yet.

Just ordered some relays from Dan

First emails to Dan at 2147
He replyed at 2200
Email confirmed Payment received and would dispatched today at 2240
Now that is good service
I will post when they arrive in the Uk

Wits

Why bother when Dan supplies good quality higher spec relays for under £7.00 the set with full FedEx rate you can have them here in 2 days flat and when UK ones are £15 each well, as I said why bother getting ripped off?

Why bother when Dan supplies good quality higher spec relays for under £7.00 the set with full FedEx rate you can have them here in 2 days flat and when UK ones are £15 each well, as I said why bother getting ripped off?[/QUOTE]
Omron relays are available from RS

And how can you state that the relays Dan supplies are better quality/spec than the Omron?

And how can you state that the relays Dan supplies are better quality/spec than the Omron?
Read the specifications and the info on the web page and the Guzzitech pages. The auto relays at RS are out of stock on their web page and more expensive!

Arrived this morning, look nice bits of kit

Wits

[QUOTE=guzzibear]
Read the specifications and the info on the web page and the Guzzitech pages. The auto relays at RS are out of stock on their web page and more expensive![/QUOTE]

Yes you are correct. The Omron relays are now not stocked by RS but they offer an alternative Tyco model.

RS part No: 535-2542 at £2.80 each. I would assume + VAT & Postage.

[QUOTE=cycleruk][QUOTE=guzzibear]
Read the specifications and the info on the web page and the Guzzitech pages. The auto relays at RS are out of stock on their web page and more expensive![/QUOTE]

Yes you are correct. The Omron relays are now not stocked by RS but they offer an alternative Tyco model.

RS part No: 535-2542 at £2.80 each. I would assume + VAT & Postage.
[/QUOTE]

From Dan you get a full set for less than £7, from RS that equates to 2.5 relays. Dan’s relays are good quality, been on the Jackal for 4 years, no problems.

As an aside to the continuing relay debate:

No matter where you source your relays from DO NOT use a relay with an internal diode. Many ‘off the shelf’ 5 pin relays of the type we use which are obtainable from car spares and auto electrical outlets contain internal diode protection.

Because the Mandello Factor means that some of our relay sockets are effectively wired in reverse from accepted standards, fitting a relay with internal diode protection into one of the critical sockets may blow fuses or, in a worst case scenario, destroy the ECU voltage control circuit.

If the latter happens all may not be lost though. If the ECU does take a hit it is repairable and there is a workaround that will still keep you running - got us all the way back from Ireland last year.

GJguzzijack2007-12-21 07:18:48

Dan is well aware of this and has info about this and other factors on his website, for the price they are a bargain

Well guess how he became aware of it.

His relays might be the best deal around but it’s something owners should be aware of in case they are forced to buy one from another source out on the road in an emergency.

GJguzzijack2007-12-21 14:02:46

Tyco V23074 relays available from Pennine Components for £2.50 approx. next day delivery here in the highlands. Good service. No diode but internal resistor.

Gav