What did you do with your Guzzi today ? 2021 .......

I’ve used stainless bolts on the caliper mountings on all my bikes. I can’t see two 10mm diameter lengths of stainless shearing.

Put the batter charger on the Spada for day and then moved it onto the Cali to keep them topped up.
Still working away on the 3 Stornello projects.

This weekend I am unlikely to even catch sight of any of my three Guzzis - they are squirreled away in bike port and car port at the moment.

In the garage I will be continuing with the remodelling job on the rear of Hardley - my Sportster. And some copper sheet has arrived so I will be attempting to make a new head gasket for a vintage model aero motor that blew on bench running the other week.

Well as anticipated, saw no sign of my Guzzis at all at the weekend. Did have a redwing appear in the garden though.

New battery and earth strap installed in my Monza rebuild - we have a small flock of Redwings in the park - was watching them flicking over dead leaves looking for bugs. Yellowhammers in the garden…

To all you happy ornithologists. I went into the garage this morning and found two Goldfinches and a Cockerel! They appeared to be roosting happily but I am worried that the cockerel will wake the neighbours with his his early morning “crowing” when Spring arrives.
Cheers
Phil

I seem to have a flock of Starlings in my garage.
This one is coming along quite nicely. My new front rim and spokes arrived the other day so I managed to get the wheel built up, tyre fitted and into the bike today. I can now sit on it and pretend to ride it :laughing:

Stornello scrambler by Don West, on Flickr

This one is also getting there slowly.

Stornello scrambler by Don West, on Flickr

Don I’m equally fascinated by your workshop :smiley:

Thanks. I bought the house on the basis of the workshop. The previous owner built it for his woodworking business. It is a double garage, about 6m square, well built with blockwork walls and a nice slate roof. There is even a log burner and attic storage. Perfect hide-away in these strange times.

Workshop by Don West, on Flickr

Now that looks like something to aim for. Nice.

Not jealous at all! :mrgreen:

No Guzzi activity on my horizon this weekend. More work on remodelling the back end of Hardley.

‘There’s been a load of compromising
On the road to my horizon’

Assembled and fitted the remade and re-chromed exhaust pipe along with the newly painted silencer to the Super Alce. Got all the electrics working and most of wiring loom installed, just needs tidying up and the battery installed and it should be ready to start!
Don, the garage looks good and the flock of starlings have a lovely roosting place.

Cheers

Phil

Well, that is certainly an original solution to the problem of how to route your exhaust past the flywheel. I wonder how long the designer and/or team spent scratching their heads over that. Very neat.

Made a sidestand bracket for the scrambler today :smiley:

Content Removed

Content Removed

Hi Nigel,
That looks like an exciting project. Can you explain the first picture? I can see a cylinder head on the right, but what is it connected to?

Richard.

They look like tubular spacers where the barrel should be but I’m not sure if so or why…

Content Removed

Oh, I see now. A neat trick, and obvious now you explain it. Please keep us updated with your progress.

My engineering prowess reached the giddy heights of replacing the lever operated chokes with cables. I can now turn my chokes on and off at the flick of a switch, which will save me approximately 5 seconds.