What did you do with your Guzzi today? 2022...

13DAF7EA-FED7-4560-9F36-591248761806.jpeg
Out on VMCC Hangover Run from Leek today. About 70 out in total, around 20 of which were Guzzis. Photo is one of them - I was on my old loop.

2 Likes

2 Likes

A welcome surprise

Out for a bimble on my cafe racer today, and bumped into fellow Guzzista Simon on his Griso at the Ace Cafe.

My cafe racer never never normally comes over winter because of salt on the roads, but it’s been so mild, there’s none here in London at the mo.

20220102_101818.jpg
Looked in there…(must do better)
All the Best🍻

1 Like

I resemble that comment!
Happy New Year! :smiley:

Finished the chainguard on the Scrambler I’m building. Not easy folding stainless steel but managed it in the end.
Now working on a rear lower guide that my knowledgeable mates tell me I need to avoid trapping my feet in the rear sprocket?

Guzzi Stornello Scrambler by Don West, on Flickr

2 Likes

Are your mates suggesting you might fall off it? :wink:

My off road skills are limited to riding across the front lawn at Stanford Hall, so there is a slight possibility I might slip and slide just a bit! :laughing:

Been doing some prep work for my pal’s V50 II. He’s finally had enough of the non functioning OE cable/hydraulic front ‘brake’. I’ve found a master cylinder in a box of bits and ordered up a new hose and fittings from Venhills, so we’ll see how that goes when it all arrives. I’m running a big twin master cylinder on mine which has too big a piston really, but is still a major improvement.

Also been sorting out a proper side stand for him based on the prototype i have on mine. Waiting some steel rod tot turn up to complete that.
Prop 2.PNG
Prop 1.PNG

1 Like

Hi Butch,
I’m keen to hear how Pigsy’s brake fix goes. I have a similar problem with my Benelli which has the same size Brembo. It definitely needs improvment.

I am continuing to work on my Stornello Scrambler project. The latest work was sorting the back brake lever out. As the engine has a gear lever spline on both sides, I decided to convert it to left foot change, one down rather than the standard right foot change, one up. The gear change wasn’t too bad, but the brake needed a bit of head scratching, now resolved.
I had been fabricating parts, badly tacking them with my stick welder and then taking them to a mate to weld properly with his mig welder. He was obviously getting a bit fed up of this arrangement and so bought myself a secondhand mig the other day. What a difference, it is so much more controllable. I should have done it years ago.

Stornello scrambler progress by Don West, on Flickr

Stornello scrambler progress by Don West, on Flickr

2 Likes

Serviced my 850GT and even cleaned it, which is not something I make a habit of.

Took the SP1000 out for a little trip in the afternoon. There was a club meet at Jodrell Bank but it was frosty first thing so I wimped out of that. The SP had half a tank of bog-standard E10 petrol in from last use in October but still fired up on the first prod. The only thing I noticed was that the idle speed was quite high so I tweaked the screws a bit, and once I’d put 3 gallons of fresh Shell V-Power in it was fine.
Also had a bit of clutch slip while overtaking a line of cars. I couldn’t get it to do it again so hopefully was just hanging up on some corrosion on the splines. Maybe a white spirit wash will be in order.

Ian

Did the brake swap out on the P’s Veefer just a week or two back. All went well enough, though its not that long since we did an all round caliper rebuild, so no issues with sticky nipples and the like. I got to test ride the bike delivering it back to him on Saturday. Master cylinder we’ve fitted is a Nissen so presumably for a double disc set-up. Fell is slightly wooden, need a reasonably firm pull. But works well within these constraints, certainly far far better than the OE set-up.
Brake.PNG

Err … bought a couple of Enfield Himalayans recently. One for pal Pigsy and one for me. The plan is that with more time on our hands now we’ll be looking for long distance mixed surface touring. There seem to be a few about in the club now, maybe we should consider an aside to the singles section for them.
Himi 1.PNG

Interesting! :smiley:

My mate works for the research place in Bruntingthorpe and got asked to take one for a test ride. Temperatures of -50 and the ride to the pole was a 30 hour ride in permament daylight.

Wow! I didn’t realise Bruntingthorpe was so close to the pole. If it’s -50 in the summer I dread to think what it would be like in the winter.

Got my painting back from FD Motorcycles in Dunmow :smiley:

4 Likes

Shiny! That looks really nice.