What did you do with your Guzzi today? 2022...

WOW Very smart :sunglasses:

It is the same colour I had 30 years ago, since then I had red stripes then metallic blue stripes, but I like the green best, It is the same green as was on my Triumph T100SS tank, so itā€™s a house colour! :smiley:

Nice job Chris, really like that colour. They mostly do good work over at Filthy Dirtyā€™s though they got a poor match on the side panels for my H1.
Brown.PNG

I read about that trip, epic stuff. Though I guess he still doesnā€™t know if the headlight is any good. On a different scale I got to test one in Nepal a couple of years back.
Nepal.PNG

Meanwhile, Iā€™ve had Jug up on the table for a pre-season service. Due to the low mileage covered last year Iā€™ve decided not to pull the back end out for inspection and greasing this time. Did spend a bit more time on the points though. Realised Iā€™d never dropped the sump on this bike which is a bit remiss given that it doesnā€™t enjoy proper oil filtration. Anyway, it was all clean as a whistle in there.

Should be conducting a top end overhaul on my pals V50 in a few weeks when the folks at Gutsibits get all the parts together and over to me.
Jug1.PNG
Jug2.PNG
Jug3.PNG

Swapped out the carb on my Hardley. Suffering flooding when switching fuel on and then poor running. Figured I had a sticky float and perhaps an ill seating enricher plunger (itā€™s similar to the Dellorto). Couldnā€™t get the parts I needed so pulled out another that I had in a box. A short test ride suggests that this will hopefully work.

Guzzis are all parked up. The big twins have both been serviced but will need a carb balance when I awaken them from their slumbers in the spring.

Iā€™m doing prep work on my (new to me) Himalayan, readying it for long distance touring.

Next serious work will probably be my pals V50 going up on the table for a top end rebuild with new valves. He also has a 750SS Ducati that needs recommissioning and including a belt service that is lining up. Iā€™ve not worked on one of those before.
Carb.PNG

Replaced the ailing Marelli starter motor on my loopframe V7 with a nice new Valeo one. One or two modifications needed but a great success.
https://racingrhino.wordpress.com/2022/02/14/loopy-starter-motor-13-feb-2022/

Bit windy today! :confused:

Been swapping fasteners out for stainless on the Himi. Wired in some ancillaries. Had the rider seat reupholstered for a goodly amount more height. Found out how to reset the ECU after it got snotty when I powered up without the fuel pump connected. The fear and loathing of EFI.

Still waiting for top en parts before cracking on with my pals Veefer.

Threw its toys out its pram did it? :smiley:

+1 for stainless

Fuel pump on an Enfield ? Whatever next ?

Yeah, nasty business really. If weā€™d all been tooling around on FI all this time and someone invented the carburetor I reckon theyā€™d be feted like it was the second coming.

No Guzzi action here recently. Still waiting on parts to do the V50 top end freshen up. Griso rocker covers have been powder coated, but the gaskets for those are in the same parts order.

Been fooling around with a few more mods on that Himalayan. Just need to avoid throwing much money or weight at the bike - that would all soon dilute the concept.

Got Jaws the Jawa sidecar successfully through MOT today. The first in my ownership.

Fly out to Morocco tomorrow for a week of riding the desert on KTMs. Hopefully back late next Saturday night in time for the Essex branch meet up on the Sunday (20th).
Himi-2.PNG

No Guzzi action here either, Iā€™ve been doing the push rod tubes on the Bonneville. Once thatā€™s sorted, it will be an investigation of the leak from the bell housing on the Spada.
The scrambler project is coming along well, engine service and electrics next, then to see if it will start!

I, on the other hand, took a short pootle on mine to a local cafe for ham eggs n chips and try out a new helmet and jacket for the first time ā€“

Langrick_4235.jpg

Langrick_4233.jpg

Langrick_4234.jpg

1 Like

Went out for a ride with Oafski. Me on the 850T and he on his SP 1000. It poured with rain( of course ) so we took shelter in a friendly caff, and didnā€™t get an opportunity for any pictures.
So hereā€™s a picture of the SP by the windmill at Great Chishill.
Great Chishill windmill.jpg

1 Like

Taxed it and ran it around the block :+1:
20220313_124203.jpg

2 Likes

North Lincs monthly meet was at Bardney Heritage Centre and cafeā€¦ some selected photos ā€¦

IMG_4261.jpg

IMG_4267.jpg

IMG_4274.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

1 Like

IMG_4266.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4284.jpg

1 Like

I took my new (to me) 1975 T3 for a first ride out today. Just up to Cerne Abbas for a coffee and cake - a round trip of only about 25 miles, but enough to know that I need to adjust the Hagon rear shocksā€¦! The ride is very harsh at the mo, especially on the country lanes around here.

Still, she did look good parked up in the sunshineā€¦
IMG_5289 - reduced.jpg
Enjoy the good weather, and ride safe.

Jim

1 Like