What did you do with your Guzzi Today? 2023...

I wish you all a Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true.
For some of you maybe a new V100 Mandello. :innocent:

Take care on the roads, keep it shiny side up and most of all enjoy riding.

Cheers Uki

7 Likes

Nothing! But come the weekend I am planning to get the Stelvio and Triumph out of the garage and clear some space around the Tonti rebuild (at last!) :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hartebeespoort Dam after the recent rains.

4 Likes

Stole the NGK plug caps from Blue and stuck them on Jaws the Jawa 350. Hoping to sort a problem with interference on the TomTom rider on that bike.

1 Like

And the result was . . ? Success I hope.

Yes. Details here, as posted on FB which I know you don’t use;

I posed a question to some of you on Sunday about issues I was having running the TomTom Rider on Jaws. For those with a continuing interest read on;

On the way home I detached the power feed to the hot shoe so the device was running off its internal battery. It was immediately working a whole lot better.

Back at home I’ve removed the known working lead from Blue and connected it directly across the battery on Jaws - so live all the time. Normally I’m running these plus hot grips through a switched relay. I also took the NGK plug caps from Blue and fitted those.

As I was heading out to Astro Club tonight anyway I went on Jaws for a test run. Going out I used the new always live feed into the hot shoe and on the way back I used the previous, switched feed. The device worked perfectly both ways, and Jaws ran fine also.

Conclusion? A dodgy plug cap causing some kind of interference via the power lead.

Replaced the missing tank badge that had disappeared. It was a bit more difficult than I anticipated, but It looks ok!

1 Like

Picture to come, soon!

No nor do I :roll_eyes:

Rode down to Burnham, the road was a bit greasy but not too bad. I now have a list of things to do to the Stelvio, one spot light not working, oil leak, rear hugger rubbing on silencer and one front disk not just floating but rattling!

Time to get the 950S off the hydraulic table, maybe I’ll temporarily hang it from the roof again :roll_eyes:

Dear friends. Some of you may be wondering what happened to my 850T gearbox. I’ve not given an update since November due to other commitments (and the freezing weather ).
The gearbox is now out of the frame and I’ve taken the cover off. The picture below shows what I found inside. The large C shaped object is part of the shock absorbing spring. There was also a couple of bent collets and a handfull of broken bits. I believe they are from the 5th gear bush.
Not a happy sight. The gearbox will be going away to a proper mechanic tomorrow.

4 Likes

Boo. Hope the gearbox magician has it back with you soon.

The doctor says that it is all fixable and not to worry. All of the replacements for the broken bits ( plus a few others ) have been ordered from Stein Dinse.

Fingers crossed for a swift recovery.

2 Likes

Flowers and grapes. (o:

2 Likes

Not so much what I did with my Guzzi today, rather something that has inspired me to do something with my Lario today. Discovery of this beauty for sale. One of my favourtist bikes ever.

This and finding the V65 Lario Owners Facebook group…I guessing it actually found me!

Roy Green from the Forest of Dean

5 Likes

Made a tool for the distributor today.

2 Likes

The best tools are often the ones you make/tweak to your own ends. A PO when (presumably) reassembling the engine that was in my CaliT3 had thoughtfully bolted the distributor down with Allen Heads. They looked the part, no question, but…

2 Likes

Not today but at the weekend I replaced the crank case breather as it was blocked and seen better days.