What did you do with your Guzzi today ? 2017 .......

Hope it’s not too cold to go out in the garage at the weekend. 3 parcels of bits to fit have now turned up, getting a fairing to try tomorrow and exhausts are ready to collect from painters.

Today I got considerably lost trying to find the local Guzzi meet! Would have helped if I actually went to the right place before I used my phone GPS!

Really nice to meet up with fellow Guzzisti. I’ll try not to leave it 5 years before I turn up to another meet!

Picked up the Spada seat today after having the new cover fitted at G A Wells in Shepshed. Looks brill.
Finally found a cover that matched the original one.
Moretti Seats supplied the cover. Described as for a V50, but spot on for the Spada
http://www.motorcycleseats.co.uk/

Took one of ours to guzzi club last night…and Chris came on his Griso…

Looks nice. I spoke to him about a foam for my 850GT and he sounded fine on the phone but never provided the quote he promised and didn’t reply to emails. Got one from a guy in Cannock in the end. My cover was repairable.

Replacement foams are available on eBay, they are not the same as my Spada and I thought £72-00 a bit pricey.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261430021189?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I always wondered how the front was formed over tha back of the tank, it is a separate piece of rigid foam glued onto the front of the softer foam used for the main seat.

Sump all done on the Convert, now into taking the timing cover off, have done it on previous ones but this one is proving a bugger. In theory the cover should be removable with the engine in the frame but there is so much dross in the way including the second flasher unit (for hazards) up under the steering head instead of next to t’other behind L/H panel, plus top four 6mm allen bolts have decided they do not want to come out. Patience and a large hammer will sort it. :wink:

Rode my loop home from work…under a westering sun…made a pleasant change from the fog…

Fitted an old rack i’ve adapted and had powder coated to my T3 + added some pannier rails so i can use the panniers fitted to my Triumph T Bird, now in the process of refurbing a G5 seat.

Will be going with a mate in his car to Springfield show on Sunday, may see some of you there :slight_smile:

Collected a few more things for the SP during the week - cockpit fairing, bit of vinyl for the seat and some steel sheet. I think I’ve got all the main bits now, just need the time to get on with it.
Had a little trip to meet up with the aged parents today who are looking at houses locally (eek!) but did have a couple of hours to start forming a new seat base. Maybe can motivate myself to go out in the garage again and continue later.

Taxed the Beetle…

Found the RH head gasket was blowing. Chuffing like a steam engine it was. The head bolts were loose. I could have just tightened everything to see if that cured it but decided to take the head off and have a decko. Apart from the gasket everything inside looks good., chrome bore included. New blog post.
https://racingrhino.wordpress.com/2017/01/21/off-with-his-head-21-jan-2017/

How strange! :astonished:

Re the exhaut port nuts, could you put copperslip on the thread? Is an old trick for BMW boxers also having screw-on port nuts. Gives you a much better chance of getting them undone again later.

I generally put coppaslip on them and have also had to wire them to a small hole drilled in a fin to keep them done up. It was the first time I’d attacked this one since having the bike. On the other bike I used a two-part type with a locking ring. Expensive but good.

Ditto re drilled hole John…we use ptfe tape too on the threads…

I is preaching to the converted! :smiley:

Checked the T3 out for it’s MOT, horn not working so I replaced it. It’s amazing how many times on several bikes the horn goes faulty in between mot’s or is it just me?

Took a trip up to Spalding to meet the Fenland bunch at the Springfield bike show. Including our very own Webmaster. Went on to meet some friends in the town for a nice meal and a cold ride home in freezing fog.

Brr…hope u warmed up a bit Don…
Alan and Laura work hard supporting the club…hope it went well…

Nice cuppa and a welcome from the Fenland Branch,nice selection of bikes, really liked that sealey framed single.
Thats the warmest i’ve ever been in a show/autojumble.