What did you do with your Guzzi today ? 2018 .......

Excellent.

There’s something truly satisfying in getting the engine/box/frame reunited. A big sep.
Have fun
Steve

Whoops :astonished:

Holy crap! :open_mouth:

Not yours I hope?

\

I’ve only ever seen one broken crank before. It happened quickly after a regrind. It was reckoned to be because the machine shop didn’t cut the correct radius at the edges of the crankpin.

In other news, I braved the cold to ride The Fire Bike to the South Wales meet at The Steel Horse. About 2 hours and 80 dry miles each way. Nice ride out and I’ll probably go again when it’s a bit warmer. Pleased that my replacement inner gloves work better than the old ones. My hands got cold but not hurty.

Spent a couple of hours in the garage this afternoon rewiring the headlight on the California. I now have a working headlight on high and lowbeam. I think Stevie Wonder did the MOT for the previous owner, Neither the dip beam nor pilot light worked.
Next thing will be to find out where the wiring has been messed up as the pilot light, rear lights and dash lights all work without the ignition being switched on and very few of the warning lights work either!.

It was reground a long time ago, but I believe the radii were machined correctly, that was the best part of 20 years ago, then I got a half bag of sugar deposited in the tank, don’t ask. I thought I had got all the crap out of the engine but you can never be sure. Engine now rebuilt as noted above. :smiley:

Yes mine, as noted in my previous post

that you replied to with

You will have to pay more attention Mike, we will be asking questions later :smiley:
PS I guess you are not very religious if you think crap is holy?

Don, probably wired to the wrong fuse. You will have one fuse that is live all the time if you have a clock or hazard lights. So it maybe simple to sort at the fuse box end especially as all the lights you note are on a single circuit.
Good luck

I’ve told you before I have the memory of a goldfish. :laughing:

Steel Horse Cafe at Llanvihangel Gobion? On the B4598

\

Mike it was only yesterday :unamused:

Well there you are then! :smiley:

Yes. That’s the one.

Of course, that way I am guaranteed an intelligent answer.

Suns out…just off to work on mine…

Went to a hospital appointment in Basildon today on the Stelvio, the temperature got up to +2 degs on the way there and +4 degs on the way back! At least the heated grips worked. Glad I put the thermal linings in my Hein Gericke gear, two pairs of socks, thermal long johns, tee shirt, thick shirt and jumper as well! Brrrrrrr! :confused:

950 lump in one bit…

… now for the clutch. Looking at the bits I have the clutch housing and splined centre are quite badly notched, I will need new plates as well. It leads me to thinking that if I need a new complete clutch, why not get either a lightened flywheel or a single plate clutch. Any views out there?

“All in one bit” is good. :smiley:

\

Nice day here, so got the Tank and Seat mounting bracket off and started the stripping process - nice out in the sun for a change . Going to get the bracket scanned in order to match the correct colour - it has been under the seat lol it’s life so not faded like most of the bike is - result.

Out and about on the Loop last night and I damn nearly fell off of it. Damned thing doesn’t have linked brakes - ended up with the back of the bike in front of the front. What were they thinking?