What did you do with your Guzzi today ? 2018 .......

Took the Cali for its MOT today, and realised it’s the first time I have been on two wheels this year! Passed no problem, and it was a lovely afternoon for a ride.

Good one Fen…

Great stuff. Daylight hours increasing and temperatures edging up.
Time for me to get out too!
Have fun
Steve

Rare good day spannering, Finally got the Lario going and ‘made’ a rack for the Eldo from coathangers and string. And an old rack.
Rack side.JPG

Sounds vaguely rude :laughing:

“I’m gonna give it a rare good spannering”

Suggested it to my wife on 14th Feb and got a black eye :smiley:

Impressive stuff.
Happy days
Steve

Spent an hour in the garage and swapped the dash over for one from a Nevada. I now have loads of working idiot lights and can see what they actually mean.

Cheers Steve

Took the Bella to my first rally of the year.
Great. It was much better on loose gravel than I expected.

Nice one Ian.

Work and family eased off enough to get a coule of hours in the shed.
Finished stripping the few stubborn spokes from the T3 Cali hubs.
Spent a bit of time stripping the carbs which have stood in a leaky greenhouse for a couple of years. The alloy has become fragile in places and I’m not sure I’d trust them in service. They may join the rogues gallery instead.
Off to meet fellow Staffies at the pub tonight. More inspiration :bulb:
Have fun
Steve

Stunning day today so took the T3 for its mot (it’s last one given that it’s now 40 years old) bloody indicator at the rear left wasn’t working but a reset of the buib sorted that) I reckon it was just letting me know it deserves some me time :smiley:

Cracking night of banter for the Staffies at our winter ‘away’ meet on the Staffordshire Cheshire border. The pub had all the we needed for a night out in any weather.
Looks like there are new owners so we’ll see how it goes until the proper away meets begin in a few weeks time.
Have fun
Steve

Took the lil’Breva for its MoT yesterday. Passed with flying colours so I’ll take it to this weekends camping weekend 10 miles SW of Cirencester.

Jeez, it’s gonna be cold…

Lucky you, that’s more than I got from mine…!

Bleeding brakes (as opposed to bleeding breaks).
Finally got a couple of hours to bleed the NTX rear brake. New hose so it’s a long job. Luckily nothing like the linked system on the Tonti bikes.
I discovered that my failings in letting the hose get too close to the exhaust and then buying too short a hose were not all my fault.
The hose I took off had been replaced or shortened at some point and the direct route missed the hose clips and strayed close to the exhaust. All sorted now.
Exhaust next and then see how the new breather system works.
As ever a couple of hours a day on the PRO stuff. I’ve been sending the club events list to magazines and organisations with a view to getting us a mention. Fielding queries about the club; still being asked if it is just old blokes who complain a lot! Some work to be done there I think. We are picking up interest from people under the age of 40 and who are new to Guzzi. Fingers crossed for a new generation!
Happy days.
Steve

At last got the seat back and it now fits, the front seams do not look in the right place, but I won’t see them when I’m riding. Cleared out the garage and found the clutch (sorry Baldrick I had it all along) and rewired the idiot lights and clocks where I had to replace the plastic cover to the back of the headlamp shell. More jobs done today than in the past month! Must be getting warmer?

A satisfying days work :slight_smile:
Steve